Guillermo Del Toro Spills On 'Haunted Mansion' In Horror Bites

NelsonG

[img]http://moviesblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/movies/2012/08/Guillermo-Del-Toro.jpg[/img]

Any time Guillermo del Toro has an announcement to make, you know it's going to be an exciting one, and fans have been anxiously waiting to hear word on this latest update from the Mexican director. Del Toro first announced his reboot of Disney's "Haunted Mansion" (based on the popular theme park ride) in the summer of 2010 to the excitement of many, but news quickly faded. [url="http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-haunted-mansion-harry-potter-interview/187252/"]Collider[/url], however, recently spoke to the "Pacific Rim" filmmaker who offered this news:

"I have a meeting with them in three weeks. I know they like the screenplay. I need to meet with them in three weeks. That's what I know. I know their reaction to the draft was good. We have a bunch of conceptualist art, but you never know, to predict anything else is hard for me to know."

Del Toro also revealed that while he intended on writing and producing the movie, he's still not sure he actually wants to direct. "I came on board originally as a writer and producer, the decision I think they may be waiting, is for me to say I'm directing the movie. Or am I directing it next, which is too early for me to know what I'm doing next in live-action. I'm in the middle of "Pacific Rim" and I don't know what I'm going to do next.”

[b]'Hellraiser' Concept Art Excites Possibilities[/b]
Let's not pretend: the latest installment in the "Hellraiser" franchise, "Hellraiser: Revelations," sucked. Pinhead hasn't had a proper platform for his sadistic shenanigans for some time, but we got excited by some concept art that previewed this week from Paul Gerrard ("Wrath of the Titans," "Battle Los Angeles") and Mike Le Han ("Mrs. Peppercorn's Magical Reading Room"). The duo is stepping in where "My Bloody Valentine 3D" team Patrick Lussier and writer Todd Farmer left off with the new "Hellraiser" remake. The project has been languishing in development hell at Dimension Films for some time. Gerrard and Le Han are pitching a new movie to the studio, and they shared their new artwork on [url="http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/5/hellraiser-concept-art-from-possible-reboot.html"]Geek Tyrant[/url]. Can the duo deliver the heart and gore necessary to turn this fan favorite franchise around?

[b]New Documentary on Serial Killer Jeffrey Dahmer Arriving Soon[/b]
Good news for fans of real-life crime and serial killer tales: new documentary "The Jeffrey Dahmer Files" will arrive in 2013. [url="http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58082/ifc-midnight-opening-jeffrey-dahmer-files"]IFC Midnight will distribute[/url] the movie that world premiered at Austin's SXSW this year and in Toronto. Jeffrey Dahmer, of course, is the madman that murdered 17 people and dismembered their bodies. The film will explore Dahmer's city of Milwaukee, talking with those "surrounding" him during and after the bizarre and gruesome events. "Recollections from Milwaukee Medical Examiner Jeffrey Jentzen, Police Detective Patrick Kennedy, and neighbor Pamela Bass are interwoven with archival footage and everyday scenes from Dahmer's life, working collectively to disassemble the facade of an ordinary man leading an ordinary existence."

[b]Rob Zombie Goes Crazy Killing Ants in New Commercial[/b]
First, Horrormeister Rob Zombie told us we could wash our dainties in