Eminem Is Working On His 8th Solo Album

NelsonG

By Carter Maness

Two years after his smash hit return-to-form Recovery, Eminem has been getting busy prepping new solo material, while helping his Shady Records group Slaughterhouse to craft a game-changing album for their August 28-slated Welcome To: Our House.

Em, who recently passed 60 million Facebook 'likes' to top any living person, said the Slaughterhouse album is now finally complete and his fingerprints are all over it.

"I kinda been really hands-on with this album for the past year," he said in an interview with Nick Craig on his local Detroit radio station 95.5. "This has kinda been a pet project for me. I kinda been executive producing, producing, co-producing, mixing – just really hands-on with it and just really involved."

Slaughterhouse And Eminem Live It Up In 'My Life' Video

As for his much-anticipated new album, the Detroit rapper doesn't have any plans for a release date just yet, as he's still in the preliminary stages of putting together the project. â€œI actually started my album," he revealed during his interview, adding that he hasn't fully focused on his new solo material yet because his creative energy was so thoroughly focused on Slaughterhouse.

Em also addressed the joy of working with new and younger artists. "It's one of the things I like doing, aside from making my own music," he said. "I always keep an ear out for what's new and check out artists everywhere."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/08/02/eminem-working-on-his-8th-solo-album/]View the full article[/url]