Havoc Admits To Sending 'Gay' Tweets About Prodigy

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Mobb Deep said it was all about the survival of the fittest, but right now it is unclear if the the veteran rap group can survive their current drama. Havoc and Prodigy appeared to be all good, that was until Havoc stood by his April tweets which alleged that Pee was a homosexual.

"The tweets is crazy," he told AllHipHop.com Friday, before confirming that he sent all of the original messages on April 9. "And I was speaking of a standpoint of being mad, but still being truthful of how I felt — but it was just the wrong thing to do at that time."

Things began to sour between the groupmates in April when Havoc took to Twitter and made serious allegations about Prodigy's sexuality, even strangely congratulating Pee and Rihanna on their engagement, which, of course, never happened. "Congrats to P @prodigymobbdeep and @rihanna for getting married soon!! @rihanna please confirm," Havoc wrote, setting off a barrage of early-morning tweets.

"Prodigy abitch and I'm gonna show it, follow!! Ground breaking new," Hav wrote soon after.

Each tweet got progressively more inflammatory. Havoc then charged that his childhood friend, with whom he has recorded seven full-length albums, was involved in a homosexual relationship during his three-year jail bid. "I got n---as in the jail system to back up that prodigy was f---ing homes in jail," he wrote. "Now i will silence... and let the jails take care of the rest."

Hav went on to write about a fist -fight that he and Prodigy had, writing that he "had to smack P."

A few days later, Havoc released a statement claiming that his phone was stolen and denying that he had sent any of the tweets, nor that he had any beef with his partner-in-rhyme.

During a May interview on MTV News' "RapFix Live," Pee also debunked the break-up rumors. "If [Havoc] had a problem, he would've told me that, he wouldn't put it on Twitter," he said, adding that the duo would soon be releasing a new album.

Well, on Friday, Havoc was singing a different tune. "Right now, Mobb Deep is on hiatus, indefinitely ... until things get hashed out," he told the site.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/27/havoc-admits-to-sending-gay-prodigy-tweets/]View the full article[/url]