Wiz Khalifa Reaches New Heights 'Under The Influence Of Music'

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Wiz Khalifa is amongst hip-hop’s best performs and though the T.G.O.D. captain has a swag all his own, he did get a ton of inspiration from Bad Boy CEO Sean “Diddy” Combs.

"Puff Daddy and the Family Tour! That was the best stuff ever. It was the biggest show and I sat there and I watched the whole thing," Wiz told MTV News on Wednesday of his favorite concert experience as a youngster, citing Diddy's 1997 run. "I feel like tonight I finally got to that point of Puff Daddyism."

Wednesday night, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller kicked off their Under the Influence of Music Tour with Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q and Chevy Woods at Aaron's Amphitheatre in Atlanta. "It's called Under the Influence of Music, so I think that kinda speaks for itself and everybody who come is gonna leave stoned, whether it's off of what you got in your pocket or what you hear," Khalifa said bluntly. "But just based off of tonight, it's gonna be amazing."

After the show, Kendrick remarked on the tour's energy, which only figures to grow as the MCs gear up to hit New York, Toronto, Boston and Pittsburgh. "I watched my dude Q go out there first, just peeped Wiz's show. It seems like the energy is there the love is there," Lamar said. "They mess with the movement we got goin' on at Top Dawg so it's just like spreading it across the board."

Schoolboy Q said the unity on the tour was a beautiful thing, though he did admit that performing in front of thousands of fans was challenging. Lucky for Q, he has guys like Wiz and Kendrick to learn from. "It's a little motivation to let you know how much further you can go in this music," he said. "I wanna look at some of [Wiz Khalifa's] show, see if I can steal somethin' from his show."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/27/wiz-khalifa-new-heights-under-influence-music-tour/]View the full article[/url]