Rick Ross Admits Love For Cheese In Bon Appétit Feature

NelsonG

By James Montgomery

Rick Ross is no stranger to magazine features and covers at this point, but Bon AppétitIn a new Q&A the Miami music mogul shares some of his favorite eats, cooking tips...and his passion for cheese.

Ross eats lobster bisque for breakfast and was apparently so enthralled by Wingstop's "signature lemon-pepper wings" that he bought a franchise, so we suppose this was inevitable. In the feature Ross sheds some light on that lobster bisque line ("Am I really just a narcissist/ 'Cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?" he raps on the track "I Love My Bitches").

"There's a steakhouse in Miami called Prime One Twelve. ... I order three entrées that I know I'm not gonna finish and save the lobster bisque for the following morning," he says before boasting about his own cooking abilities, even sharing a recipe for grilled tilapia:

"I take the aluminum foil and I put a nice piece of tilapia on it, season it good, then put a bundle of broccoli and two or three slices of cheese over it," he explained. "I fold it up and sit it on the grill. Voilà!"

Fromage is apparently a common ingredient in most of Ross' dishes ("I ain't gonna lie: I love that cheese"), though, more often than not, he's not the one making the meals. Instead, he relies on a private chef, telling the magazine: "You can get something light. You can get something heavy. I love Italian, but I may wake up in the middle of the day and want some tacos."

It's all rather amazing, though Ross explains that his love of food also stems from a time when he couldn't afford a private chef — or even lobster bisque for breakfast. And he shares his memories of the meals that sustained him during his (relatively) lean years, which, as you'd probably expect, also included cheese.

"I remember when I couldn't afford to eat like this. It was ramen noodles and the San Francisco Treat," he said of the Rice-A-Roni dish. "Dessert? Get you a honey bun and put a slice of cheese on it. Put it in the microwave for 45 seconds and you had the gift of a lifetime."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/18/rick-ross-bon-appetit-feature-loves-cheese/]View the full article[/url]