Comic-Con: 'Breaking Bad' Cast Updates Us On The State Of The Whites

NelsonG

[i]By Ryan J. Downey, with reporting by Josh Wigler[/i]

Considering the series began with Walter White stranded in the desert contemplating suicide, followed not long after by the liquifying of a dead body, to say that this new season of "Breaking Bad" kicks off with Walt "at his darkest" certainly carries a tremendous amount of weight. But perhaps, maybe, it was all a dream? Maybe this season, the folks in "Breaking Bad" will awaken to find that everything is just fine (no cancer, no meth), like Bobby Ewing's wife in "Dallas."

[img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:814756?width=512&height=320[/img] [ video unavailable on this device ]

Sitting down with MTV News [url="http://www.mtv.com/specials/comic_con/"]San Diego Comic-Con[/url] alongside his on-screen family of Anna Gunn and RJ Mitte (who, of course, play Walt's wife and son, respectively), Bryan Cranston told us a story about a fan interaction that made him wonder.

"We were on the floor today and we were signing autographs and one fan handed me her cellphone. And on the back of the cellphone was Snow White. And she goes, 'Cause she's a member of the family!' And I went, 'Yeah!' And I signed it 'Walter and Snow White.'"

"I thought, 'Wouldn't it be nice if it turned out to be this fantasy life?'" he added. But of course, that's not the case. "It's a tragedy life for the White family. It started out precarious. The best it ever was was 'touchy.' Even during the pilot, it was like kind of depressed. And it's gone downhill from there."

As awful as things are for the White family on "Breaking Bad," at least one cast member thinks being parented by a drug-dealing dad could have its upside.

"Junior is still loving everybody, so we're all good," Mitte pointed out. But what happens if/when Jr. learns the truth about his pops? "I either think one he's going to be accepting of his father, or two, he's going to be like, 'What is going on in your mind?'" Cranston couldn't believe Jr. might be accepting.

"A father is a father, no matter how you look at it," Mitte countered. "Wouldn't you like to have a dad that's pretty much like Scarface?"

[url=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/07/16/comic-con-breaking-bad-cast-the-whites/]View the full article[/url]