Rihanna Kicks Back In Barbados After Grandmother's Funeral

NelsonG

Rihanna flew back to her hometown Barbados this week for her grandmother's funeral, and the pop star decided to stick around for some fun in the sun while she was down there. Rih mourned her beloved grandmother, Clara Braithwaite, who died early  this month after a fight with cancer, then celebrated in her honor.

The singer was spotted Thursday afternoon (July 12) riding the waves on a float being pulled by a boat. She was also chilling out on a boat with her big curly hair blowing in the wind while she sipped beer. "#grangranDOLLY I know you smiling down on me brightly, I could feel it in the sunshine ?#1Love forever," Rihanna tweeted. GranGranDolly is the name she used for her grandmother.

She later tweeted, "Time heals all, and heels hurt to wait in," including a photograph of a handwritten message that read, "Still waiting...!!"

The tweets came in between a few inspirational messages she passed along, including words of wisdom such as "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Russell Simmons tweeted the quote, "Anyone whose mission is keeping people apart is swimming against a very strong tide." Rihanna's retweet of that message might leave fans wondering just who she might be referring to.

GranGranDolly's funeral was held Tuesday. Rihanna tweeted a very specific message to her late grandmother: "#grangrandolly you are going to have the best party today. #allblackerrthang! and I'm gon' try to hold it all in, try to hold back my tears." She was photographed at the funeral wearing a black dress, beehive-like hairdo and black pumps with chain ankle straps.

Rihanna was at Sweden's Peace & Love music festival July 1 when she found out about her grandmother's passing. During her set, the singer appeared visibly shaken, and it wasn't until after the performance that fans learned why.

Dolly, along with her "GranDad," Lionel, have frequently served as anchors for the superstar. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Rihanna shared around the time Dolly died.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/13/rihanna-kicks-back-in-barbados-after-grandmothers-funeral/]View the full article[/url]