Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms lyrics

Shawn

What the hell. One of the best songs of all time in my opinion. The actual song is a 7 minute symphony, while the lyrics are only 14 lines.

----------------------

These mist covered mountains... are a home now for me

But my home is the lowlands... and always will be

Some day you'll return to... your valleys and your farms

And you'll no longer burn to be brothers in arm

Through these fields of destruction; baptisms of fire

I've witnessed your suffering as the battles raged higher

And though they did hurt me so bad; in the fear and alarm

You did not desert me, my brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds; so many different suns

And we have just one world...but we live in different ones

Now the sun's gone to hell and the moon's riding high

Let me bid you farewell... every man has to die

But it's written in the starlight... and every line on your palm

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

when I was having an audio system installed in my car I had only two major requirements. one was that I had an equalizer so as to be able to easily adjust the level of bass depending on the genre of music.

and the other was that the speakers in the car itself must be of high enough quality to crisply play the high notes found in this song. believe it or not, I blew out something like 3 sets of speakers before finding one that gave me what I wanted.

great song! and a great post shawn, thanks for the memories.

This is a great album. I remember getting it on cassette in 1985. I think it was for Christmas. I got this one, Cars' Greatest Hits, ZZ Top, and Rush - Power Windows.

I lost this one and ZZ Top. The Cars got ran over (the irony) and I still have the Rush cassette. I still enjoy it (Rush), even with the predictable static that comes in at certain points. I've replaced all but ZZ Top with CDs.

"Your Latest Trick" is one of the best songs on the album. Very jazzy and relaxing. I will always enjoy this album.

:psychofun: