Sarah McLachlan Gets Personal

Lord_of_the_Dense

Starbucks Celebrates CD Launch by Giving Wi-Fi Users Exclusive Interview Footage via the T-Mobile Hotspot Service

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 1, 2004--Sarah McLachlan reveals her favorite songs with the release of her exclusive Artist's Choice™ CD available now in North American Starbucks (Nasdaq:SBUX - News) locations. Sarah McLachlan Artist's Choice™ joins Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Sheryl Crow in Hear Music's signature compilation CD series which encourages customers to discover music from both emerging and classic artists. With this album, Hear Music gives customers an intimate look into the memories and inspirations of one of today's most successful female artists.

"The passion and emotion that Sarah McLachlan has for her work is evident in every song she records," said Don MacKinnon, vice president of Music and Entertainment at Starbucks. "The Artist's Choice™ series is a great way for Starbucks customers to sit down with an artist and discover where these emotions originated from, and learn about the influencers who have helped shape the music they create."

"They are all beautiful songs, but as I look over them, I realize there's a lot of sort of heavy stuff on there," said McLachlan during her interview with Hear Music. "But that's what I'm drawn to. I'm drawn towards music that has a soul that moves me in some way that makes me feel something. Other songs do that as well, but they don't do it on a deep level."

Read entire story here.

I really like this woman, until she starts to speak. Her ability though? I can think of few better when it comes to solo delivery.