Joe Budden Ponders New York Knicks Future

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Joe Budden is a sports fanatic. Not only does he infuse sports metaphors into his multi-layered raps, the Slaughterhouse MC regularly tweets about football and basketball and even made a memorable ESPN appearance.

So when RapFix caught up with Slaughterhouse at SXSW, Joey took a moment to talk about his beloved New York Knicks and the recent ousting of their coach Mike D’Antoni. “It’s all looking up, Mike D’Antoni just resigned recently. Really he got fired, but we’ll call it a resignation,” Budden said about the news which broke on Wednesday afternoon.

Sports fans are expecting Knicks brass to hire a replacement coach at the end of this season. Former L.A. Lakers head coach Phil Jackson is a fan favorite, but whether or not he will take the job remains to be seen. Portland Trailblazers coach Nate McMillan was fired on Thursday and the Mood Muzik MC believes he also has a shot to come to NYC.

“Nate McMillan just got fired today which I called on my Twitter five days ago that Nate McMillan will get fired,” Joe said. “The Knicks will court him if Phil Jackson doesn’t come back, which I don’t think he will because of health issues. I think Nate McMillan is the man for the job, but go Knicks.”

Joey’s Slaughterhouse groupmate Crooked I took exception however. The Cali rapper was still reeling from the news that the L.A. Lakers traded longtime championship guard Derek Fisher earlier today. “I don’t like that you get to talkin’ that Knicks, Ima Laker,” Crooked protested.

Who would you like to see coach the New York Knicks next? Tell us in the comments!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/15/joe-budden-ponders-new-york-knicks-future/]View the full article[/url]