Tyga Crowns J. Cole As The 'Hottest MC' In The Game

NelsonG

(2012 Grammy Nominees)

A new breed of MCs have been making their mark in the hip-hop game (Wale, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar to name a few) and Young Money rapper Tyga is giving a nomination to one of his peers for the MTV's "Hottest MC in the Game."

Of course, the "Rack City" rapper nominated himself for the top spot in MTV's "Hottest MCs in the Game" debate, but he also opened the conversation up and included some other talented newcomers.
"It's a lot of artists that I like now that are around my age and that are new, from Wale to J. Cole to Big Sean, Meek Mill," Tyga rattled off when MTV News caught up with him at a shoot for his "Rack City" remix video.

Tyga finds that he has more in common with this new crop of artist, as they share a generational bond. "A lot of those artists I can really relate to because we're close in age and a lot of the stuff they're talking about is modern day and going on right now," he said. "I salute all those dudes." Well, Tyga will have to wait until Monday, when the top 10 "Hottest" countdown begins on MTV News and then tune in to "Hottest MCs in the Game VII" half-hour television special on MTV2 on February 19 when the top five "Hottest MCs in the Game" are revealed.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/02/08/tyga-j-cole-hottest-mc-in-the-game/]View the full article[/url]

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now