Tyga Drops 'Rack City (Remix)' w/ Meek Mill, T.I., Jeezy

NelsonG

(Tyga, Young Jeezy, T.I. on 'Rack City (remix) video set')

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Tyga released the much-anticipated "Rack City (Remix)" today featuring a veritable who's who of hip-hop with Wale, Meek Mill, Fabolous, Jeezy, and T.I., all adding their own two cents to the infectious strip club anthem. MTV recently caught up with Tyga and the boys in Atlanta earlier this month at the music video shoot for the track to talk about the buzzy cut. Tyga explained how happy he was to have rappers he looks up to like Jeezy and T.I. contributing to his break-out.

Young Jeezy, T.I. Join Tyga On 'Rack City' Video Set

"I didn't think the song would be bigger than outside of L.A., because that's like an L.A. sound," Tyga said. "So to have two of the legends that I'm big fans of on the record is crazy."

"For me, I got reached out to. They told me to add my two cents in, so I did just that," T.I. revealed nonchalantly on how he got involved. "When they told me the video was coming, I picked out an outfit." How gangsta, Clifford. Jeezy explained similar sentiment. "I heard the record, loved it, seen it go crazy in the club. I couldn't visualize it without a Young verse on there, so I just went ahead. The homie hit me up for the video, and we in the A-Town, we in the city, we here, turnt up," said Jeezy.

Wale had similarly positive vibes for the song and joked about its fiscally-forward influence on strippers. "I'm just happy that I can be a part of a record that's influencing and making so many young, ambitious dancers so much money."

Tyga's debut Careless World: Rise of the Last King is slated for release on February 21, 2012. Expect additional guest features from fellow Young Money affiliates like Drake and Nicki Minaj. "You're going to see more of a story and more into Tyga's world and what I represent, the story that I'm trying to tell," Tyga explained to us about the album last year. "I feel like a lot of people they just know me based off of verses, features, heavy rap songs, mixtape stuff. Which is cool because I love to do that — this is rap music — but at the same time, I make a lot of real good music also.

Related
Drake, Lil Wayne, Tyga Tribute West Coast In 'The Motto' Video

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/01/27/tyga-drops-rack-city-remix-jeezy-ti/]View the full article[/url]