Kid Cudi Defends Trashing Stage At Australian Concert

NelsonG

By Nadeska Alexis (@neweryork)

No matter what changes Kid Cudi implements in his life—giving up weed being the most notable—you’ve got to respect the fact that he will always and forever be Mr. Rager. During a performance at the Heatwave Music Festival in Australia last weekend, Cudi’s set was cut short, robbing him of the chance to perform hits like “Pursuit of Happiness,” and he responded by trashing the stage a bit. On Monday (January 23) Cudder posted a note on his Tumblr account explaining why it was his right to break sh--.

Kid Cudi Releases Tracklist For 'WZRD' Album

Reports say that Tech N9ne’s set was also chopped thanks to a delay in the festival’s start time, but Cudi wasn’t having any of it.

“If my set is EVER cut short at any show, im trashing the stage. Not out of anger, it takes a lot to get me furious nowadays, but out of principle,” he wrote. “The fans always deserve a full set at all shows, especially when they spend their hard earned money on expensive tickets. A lot of artist wouldnt do what I did in Australia, but I will. Spread the word. No matter the circumstance, cut my set short, im breaking shit. And next time im startin a riot. Me and my fans. Cause promoters will sometime take advantage of the artists, and u gotta let em know what time it is. Cutting nobody any slack.”

And there you have it. No apologies, just fair warning that it will be a riot next time.

Cudi’s joint album, WZRD, with producer Dot Da Genius is coming up in February. It’s original January 30 release date was recently delayed so the duo could put finishing touches on their music.

Follow @MTVRapFix on Twitter for everything hip-hop.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/01/24/kid-cudi-defends-trashing-stage-australia-concert/]View the full article[/url]