Drake Promises Video For Rihanna-Featured Single 'Take Care'

NelsonG

(Drake on 'Take Care' Video)

By Rob Markman

Up until this point, Drake has dropped videos for his singles "Marvins Room" and "Headlines," (both of which were released before Take Care's November release) and he's already banked a clip for the Lil Wayne-assisted "The Motto." Next up, the Young Money rapper tells MTV News that fans can also expect visuals for his Rihanna-featured title track "Take Care." "It's a project where I think visuals are called for, for a lot of those records," Drake said of his sophomore album. "So we're working on definitely the "Take Care" video, which we're trying to get shot soon and a couple of other ones, too, off the album."

Drake, who can now hoist another platinum plaque for Take Care, wouldn't dish on the treatment or concept for the video, but he has high expectations for it. "I want to make it perfect — the best video I've done to date — so I'm just taking my time," he said.

The Jamie xx-produced "Take Care," with its pounding bass drum and sparse piano melody, tells the story of two lovers ready to leave behind their sketchy pasts in favor of a fruitful relationship together. Drake and Rih's real-life fling (one the rapper addressed on 2010's "Fireworks") only helps to enhance the song's appeal. Standing as both an endearing duet and a club banger, it's the danceable, Gil-Scott Heron-sampling house build toward the end of the song that truly makes it a standout.

What other Take Care videos would you like to see Drake shoot? Tell us in the comments!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/12/21/drake-promises-video-for-rihanna-featured-take-care-single/]View the full article[/url]