The Tyler Saga Continues/Aerosmith search for new singer

Rumour control: Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has blasted speculation that he's quit the iconic band.

It's been widely reported that Tyler had thrown his toys out of the pram and left the band to concentrate on a solo career. But during a surprise onstage appearance In New York with guitarist Joe Perry yesterday, Tyler finally put paid to the quit talk.

"I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith," he declared during a surprise cameo at bandmate Perry's gig to promote his solo side project.

He added: "And Joe Perry, you are a man of many colours, but I, motherf*****, am a rainbow!" before launching into a booming rendition of the band's signature tune, Walk This Way. Ending the show arm in arm. Ahhhhhh.

read more: http://fwd4.me/3t7

source: BloggerBitesBack/nzherald.co.nz

image: Fair Use/Youtube/Screengrab: STEVEN TYLER/AEROSMITH....No Split

post-193-1257981381_thumb.png

Aerosmith's future still in doubt....

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler joined estranged bandmate Joe Perry on stage in New York in hopes of setting the record straight about the future of the feuding rock group.

Co-writer and guitarist Joe Perry, who said earlier this week that the band was "positively" seeking a new singer, indicated on Wednesday that all was still not well in the band. In an interview with Rolling Stone, he referred to Tyler as an "acquaintance".

Steve Tyler, on the other hand, told celebrity website TMZ.com after Tuesday's appearance that "there is absolutely no validity to the rumour that Aerosmith is breaking up".

Perry told Rolling Stone he was just as surprised as fans when Tyler showed up at the venue, and asked to sing the encore tune.

"Being an acquaintance of 40 years, I said, 'Why not?'" Perry said. " So he came up and sang and that was the last I saw of him."

read more: http://fwd4.me/46g

source: Reuters

image: Fair Use/Youtube/Screengrab: STEVEN TYLER/AEROSMITH....IN OR OUT

post-193-1258076078_thumb.png

Aerosmith: The Tyler Saga Continues....

Who wants to become the new singer for Aerosmith?

The lead guitarist with one of America's most successful rock groups said that he and his bandmates were "positively looking for a new singer to work with," following a rift with energetic frontman Steven Tyler.

Joe Perry, 59, made the announcement on his Twitter page, ratcheting up an unusually public feud with his songwriting partner of 40 years.

read more: http://fwd4.me/46j

source: Reuters

image: Fair Use/Youtube/Screenbrab: AEROSMITH/STEVEN TYLER...."I don`t want to miss a thing"

post-193-1258076991_thumb.png

Or Cullifornie without forest fires, drought, mudslides, earthquakes and power outages..... all in a 24 hour period and within a 5 mile radius. :lol:

Remember the Alamo!

I'd like to hear the rest of the band's opinion. Joe Perry was playing a death knell a few months ago. Before Tyler fell and got hurt.

I suppose my point is.... how much of this is in Perry's head? Is this his attempt to "take over" the band?