Lily Allen drops fight to stop filesharing

KiwiCoromandel

Lily Allen, one of the few younger artists to speak out against online piracy, has dropped her very public campaign against copyright theft, saying "the abuse was getting too much".

read more: http://tinyurl.com/

source: guardian.co.uk

image: Fair Use/photobucket: LILY ALLEN

post-193-1253840040_thumb.jpg

Good for her.

She should get a job like anyone else.

The vid says she is doing something in the fashion business so she has an option other than singing. It also said she has 2 albums out. Whatever. I have never heard of her until the last day or two. I also have never seen any of her albums posted anywhere for download and I see hundreds of albums every day.

here`s the real reason the hypocritical bitch " quit music" mateys....what a fucking public relations disaster she has created...she stands accused of the same crime that she`s been bleating about all week...that is...piracy!!!..distributing illegal mix-tapes on her stupid site "It's Not Alright"...the anti-piracy lobby in the UK will be really pissed at her...another no-talent new-age exhibitionist....with a nice ass...but no talent..but with a nice ass...

This week, Allen launched a blog, "It's Not Alright", in which she slammed illegal downloading and threw her support behind plans by the British Government to disconnect music pirates from the internet.

However, she was soon mired in a copyright stoush of her own as a technology blog, Techdirt, accused her of reproducing parts of one of its articles on her blog without attribution.

Techdirt also claimed that she illegally distributed mixtapes of other people's music for free on her website, saying: "It seems quite hypocritical of Ms. Allen to claim that file sharing is somehow evil and destroying the industry when she appears to be an active participant and used it to promote herself."

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technolog...90925-g5ie.html

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-24-pirate-i...llegal-mixtapes

http://torrentfreak.com/lily-allen-pirates...pyright-090923/

post-193-1253876450_thumb.jpg

post-193-1253876459_thumb.jpg

post-193-1253876467_thumb.jpg

More gossip on Lily Allen HERE - "Lily Allen Quits The Music Business"

From her blog:

“Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record. I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade.

“The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I’m concerned, so I don’t stand to profit from legislation. Except future purchases of previously recorded material.”

bloody hell mate...the cellulite kid...no wonder she spends so much time on stage with her back to the audience...

Maybe if we bought some of her albums she would make enough to buy some implants. She has got to be one of a very few "talented recording artists" that hasn't had a boob job to help them sing better. :lol:

Maybe James Blunt would be interested in a boob job too. :lol:

Maybe James Blunt would be interested in a boob job too. :lol:

i was going to say some rude things about him mate....but i came across this in his (james blunt) wikipedia entry....

Military career:

As the British Army sponsored his university education, Blunt was obliged to serve a minimum of four years in the armed forces. Blunt trained at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. He was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Life Guards, a unit of the Household Cavalry, where he rose to the rank of Captain. One of his first assignments was to British Army Training Unit Suffield in Alberta, Canada, where his squadron was posted for six months in 1998 to act as the opposing army in combat training exercises.

In 1999, he served as an armoured reconnaissance officer in the NATO deployment in Kosovo. Initially assigned to reconnaissance of the Macedonia-Yugoslavia border, Blunt and his unit worked ahead of the front lines directing forces and targeting Serb positions for the NATO bombing campaign. He led the first squadron of troops to enter Priština, and was the first British officer to enter the Kosovo capital. His unit was given the assignment of securing the Priština airport in advance of the 30,000-strong peacekeeping force; the Russian army had moved in and taken control of the airport before his unit's arrival. As the first officer on the scene, Blunt shared a part in the difficult task of addressing the potentially violent international incident. There were less intense moments during Blunt's Kosovo assignment, however. Blunt had brought along his guitar, strapped to the outside of his tank. At some places, the peacekeepers would share a meal with hospitable locals, and Blunt would perform. It was while on duty there that he wrote the song "No Bravery".