Music piracy not fair, says Lily Allen in call to arms

KiwiCoromandel

Top British pop acts have disagreed over how to tackle illegal file sharers, with singer Lily Allen challenging a new statement from a group of artists that includes Annie Lennox and Radiohead.

read more: http://foxyurl.com/vpS

http://idontwanttochangetheworld.blogspot.com/

source: Reuters

image: Fair Use/Screengrab/idontwanttochangetheworld.blogspot.com

post-193-1253657624_thumb.png

What some artists call illegal downloading is actually a good marketing tool. Fans respond to music and artists differently these days. They may download a tune on the web because it's there and not buy it - but then they may go to concert or buy the album. Many people might download the song out of curiosity - but would never have bought the music to begin with. The old music model no longer works and artists have to reconnect with audiences in a different way.

I think Lily is correct in that if she doesn't want her music downloaded for free then it shouldn't be downloaded for free. If her music weren't available on the net then she wouldn't have gotten free promotion either. She just sees one side. She counts 20k downloads as 20k sales which is absolutely ludicrous. But that doesn't make it right to pirate her music. I think she should be banned from the "free" internet. No "free" downloads. No "free" publicity.

I hereby promise not to pirate her music since I have zero interest.

Other groups are still fair target. :thumbsup:

It ain't right that I drive 90mph either but I do that too. I guess I shouldn't beat my wife daily but I don't figger on stopping that anytime soon. Capping liberals is another story. We all know that there should be a bounty on them 4sure. :lol:

I think Lily is correct in that if she doesn't want her music downloaded for free then it shouldn't be downloaded for free. If her music weren't available on the net then she wouldn't have gotten free promotion either.

Exactly

Note: you are not allowed to ever agree with anything I say. :mad2:

If we agree, then either I mispoke or you misread. :lol:

Do you remember that Mortgage Finance guy from yesterday? I'd retract that statement if I were you.

10 ... 9 ... 8 ... B)