Drive By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark (Full cd stream)

DudeAsInCool

Following up on the heels of their Grammy nominated collaboration with veteran blues singer Bettye LaVette, my favorite Southern rockers, The Drive By Truckers, have a new album coming out next year. Despite the big loss and amicable parting of singer-songwriter-guitarist Jason Ibell, things continue to look promising for the ambitious truckers.

Based upon the three songs I've heard over at the band's MySpace Page Patterson Hood and the band continue their rebellious tradition with their "Brighter Than Creation's Dark" album, which features 19 new songs. The tuneage for preview includes a beautiful ballad, entitled "I'm Sorry, Huston", written and performed by singer-songwriter Shonna Tucker, and two terrific rockin' numbers, "A Ghost To Most", written by co-founder Mike Cooley, and "The Righteous Path", written by co-founder Patterson and recorded in one take. The new album will be available in late January from New West Records, followed by a US Tour, beginning in February.

You can listen to new music right HERE. And if you love it and have to have it, you can pre-order the cd via Amazon. Enjoy.

post-9-1197702497.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

A pretty cool article on DBT's much anticipated new album ...

Drive-By Truckers Forge on with New Album in the Wake of a Tough Year

The past year has been a tumultuous one for Drive-By Truckers. First, in a protracted ordeal, the band parted ways with guitarist Jason Isbell, who now seems on track for a successful solo career. Then, in early summer, the group had to assuage the apprehensions of soul legend Bettye LaVette, with whom they had been teamed as a backing band for the singer’s latest album.

Happily, though, the year concluded on a positive note for the Athens, Georgia-based Truckers. Having been released to great fanfare, the LaVette album went on to ...................................

Please read the rest of this article here:

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Lifestyle/Fe...rge%20on%20wit/

Thanks for checking this out ... !

That Man I Shot (live)

From the DBT website: "Two separate backstage visits by almost strangers, each touched in different ways by our American tragedy in Iraq, led to the writing of The Home Front and That Man I Shot. I was only a kid when we were over in Vietnam, but I somehow did learn a lesson or two from it. I never so much wanted to be proven wrong in my beliefs as with our current situation, but the evidence so far seems to support that it ain't working out too good for anybody. Now, we're just trying to save face, at the expense of many young lives that could be ordered to serve our country in more productive ways. Seems our band has some fans over there and we're always moved by the stories of really fine folks who are sacrificing so much for our privileged existence. The man in That Man I Shot probably doesn't agree with a lot of my viewpoints, but I tried to be true to what he said and how he said it. You don't have to agree with someone to respect them and that seemed to run both ways with us. As a writer, it's not my job to agree or disagree and certainly not to judge. It is my job to be as true to the character's voice as humanly possible and to tell the story accordingly. The extended family that inspired The Home Front absolutely broke my heart with their story. I changed the names and some details but again tried to be true to the spirit of what they told me."

The full album is streaming at AOLs Spinner ... this week

Since the stream is no longer happening, here is a consolation prize of The Living Bubba

live @ high sierra music fest, 7.6.07