Morrissey 'You Are The Quarry' New Album

method77

Morrissey will release his first new album since 1997's "Maladjusted" on May 17th. Titled "You are the Quarry," the Jerry Finn-produced set will be issued by the reactivated Attack imprint via Sanctuary. First single "Irish Blood, English Heart" arrives May 10th internationally.

"There are no links to the past," Morrissey proudly admits in a statement. "This is a much brighter sounding album than much of my previous work. We've turned the page with 'Quarry.' It's a dynamic album and I couldn't be any happier."

The album includes such tracks as "I Have Forgiven Jesus," "America is Not the World," "The World is Full of Crashing Bores" and "I'm Not Sorry." The artist drew inspiration from years of critical backlash on "You Know I Couldn't Last," which he describes as "my response to the negative press I have endured over the years."

Morrissey is backed on the set by longtime guitarists Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte, bassist Gary Day and drummer Dean Butterworth. Veteran keyboardist Roger Manning Jr. (Jellyfish, Air) also appears on a number of tracks.

The set is expected to be supported by extensive touring, but the lone date on the schedule thus far is a May 22 appearance in Morrissey's Manchester, England, hometown. It will mark his first live appearance in the city since 1992. Franz Ferdinand and Damien Dempsey will support.

Morrissey has also begun scouting bands to sign to Attack and has inked a deal with Nancy Sinatra to release a new album on the imprint. That set will feature an as-yet-untitled Morrissey-penned song.

track list

America Is Not The World

Irish Blood, English Heart

I Have Forgiven Jesus

Come Back To Camden

I'm Not Sorry

The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores

How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?

The First Of The Gang To Die

Let Me Kiss You

All The Lazy Dykes

I Like You

You Know I Couldn't Last

Stereoboard.com