Comcast Cutting Off Big Downloaders

DudeAsInCool

The Washington Post reports today that Comcast is cutting off bandwidth hogs:

"The rapid growth of online videos, music and games has created a new Internet sin: using it too much.

Comcast has punished some transgressors by cutting off their Internet service, arguing that excessive downloaders hog Internet capacity and slow down the network for other customers. The company declines to reveal its download limits."

Read More

I hope someone starts a boycott...

Comcast hasn't been welcome in my home ever since they took over AT&T Broadband. In fact, a neighbor's mother works for Comcast. I told her in no uncertain terms what I thought of them. I think I offended her. But you'll have that sometimes!!

:lol:

ATT is worse. I joined ATT to get all the services, then they sold out to Comcast. Comcast had pretty good internet service (before this announcement) and then they sold to Time Warner. Essentially there is no real choice - if you want cable or internet service you have to go with them... It's a joke, really, and its on the consumers

You mofos that are downloading 6 or more gigs a day on a movie are making it hard on us guys that only want to download 4 or 5 gigs a day of music. :lol:

6? Try 18... :lol:

6? Try 18... :lol:

First of all I said "a" movie. That is if you only get one.

Secondly, I said 6 "or more".

18 is "more" than 6.

Thirdly, it ain't the brightest thing you ever did to fuck wit somebody just because you have a faster connection especially if that person has a better arsenal. :lol:

Besides.....my hard drive is bigger than yours. :happy: