Watch golfer Grayson Murray lose it, throw one club then break another

NelsonG

golfer grayson murray hitting a shot

Golfer Grayson Murray did his best Happy Gilmore impression on Sunday during the final round of the U.S. Open. In short: The dude totally lost his shit, chucking his putter at top speed and then subsequently snapping an iron over his knee.

In the buttoned-up, stiflingly polite world of golf, this kind of temper tantrum isn't seen all that often. And he did it during a major — one of the game's four marquee events — no less. This guy chucked his putter like he was trying to put it into orbit. It wasn't a toss. Murray hit his top velocity. And then, as if that wasn't enough, he later snapped a club over his knee. Kind of impressive, sure, but pretty juvenile.

Frankly, I found it hilarious and exciting and I also hope some golf purist out there is losing their shit thinking this kind of act desecrates their sacred game. Here, watch the videos of Murray, posted online by CBS's Will Brinson.

Just...amazing, right? Murray finished the day ten over par, which in layman's terms is really freaking bad.

It's not totally unheard of for a golfer to chuck a club. In fact, you're likely to see some weekend warrior do it at your local course — though the pros are typically more reserved. The fact that Murray followed up his club chuck with a club snap, however, is an all-time performance. Absolute record levels of angst. Anyway, his final round has wrapped up, so it seems just two of Murray's clubs will get abused today.

View the full article

• 1 month later...

He probably was super angry then. I would never want to break a golf club I bought for $500 or more.
If you are looking for a good golf club, I recommend you look at this collection. It is one of the amplest ones I’ve seen on the Internet ( https://greenvalleyccofri.com/gear/clubs/). If you choose one of these, you will probably not make a mistake. They all are good, and the only difference is the gaming style and price. You don’t need to buy a club for thousands of dollars to play better than average. If you train long enough, you will not even need all the features that the expensive clubs offer.