SUGARBABE arrested for nightclub fight

Sugababes singer Amelle Berrabah has been arrested for allegedly attacking a teenage girl in a nightclub.

The 23-year-old star and her sister Laila, 24, spent the night in a Surrey police cell after clashing with a gang of women during a dancefloor brawl in Guildford's Bar Med on Saturday.

A source told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "By the end of the scuffle Amelle had a handful of hair extensions. Then the police showed up and took her away.

"Amelle and Laila were just having fun and dancing until things turned nasty. A big group of girls came up to them on the dancefloor and words were exchanged before a fight kicked off. Amelle defended her sister and gave as good as she got."

However, the unnamed 18-year-old victim claims Amelle had to be dragged away by club security after launching a vicious attack.

She told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Amelle went mad and attacked me. She started kicking me but ended up hitting my friend in the head as well. It was terrifying. She wouldn't stop."

Police were called to the nightspot and arrested Amelle, but her victim claims the singer continued her frenzied attack.

The victim added: "She didn't care police were there. She went for me again.

The police grabbed her and locked her in the van. She is crazy."

Amelle persuaded officers to let her make a statement at 7am yesterday so she could join bandmates Keisha Buchanan and Heidi Range on a flight to Los Angeles.

A police spokesman said: "A 23-year-old female was arrested in Guildford town centre following an incident in a bar. She has been released on police bail pending further inquiries."

The band will spend three weeks in the US writing songs for their new album.

A Sugababes spokeswoman confirmed Amelle had been involved in a nightclub "incident".

She said: "There was an incident on Saturday night and Amelle is helping police with their inquiries. I can't say more than that because she is on a flight to Los Angeles."

Amelle joined the Sugababes in December 2005, replacing Mutya Buena.

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:Reuters:BAD FOR YOUR TEETH...Sugarbabes singer Amelle Berrabah, who replaced Mutya Buena in the band in 2005, has been arrested for allegedly attacking a teenage girl in a nightclub.

post-193-1178061271_thumb.jpg