ARCTIC MONKEYS go Neverland styles for GLASTONBURY

The Arctic Monkeys are planning a Peter Pan-themed performance at this summer's Glastonbury.

The Sheffield rockers, who are one of three headliners at the world famous British music festival, intend to fly on stage just like the famous children's literary character, immortalised in the Disney film Peter Pan.

Drummer Matt Helders said in an interview with MTV2 show Gonzo Special: Zane meets Arctic Monkeys: "I want to zip-line in by wire and land on my drum stool.

"I went to Disneyland as a child and Tinkerbell does it. There's a spotlight on her so you can't see the wires, I thought she was really flying."

It isn't the first time the band have been inspired by a popular children's story.

They famously dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz for a video acceptance speech broadcast at this year's BRIT Awards.

Helders admits the group can't wait to head down to Somerset for Glastonbury, because he and his bandmates - frontman Alex Turner, guitarist Jamie Cook and bassist Nick O'Malley - have never been to the musical extravaganza before.

He said: "We've never been to Glastonbury, so that's one of the most exciting things about it - not just playing but going to it as well. We thought it was a joke when we saw we were headlining."

Meanwhile, the band are on course to set a new British chart record this week by having a staggering 18 songs in the Top 200.

Thanks to new music download rules, the 12 tracks from the band's critically acclaimed second album, Favourite Worst Nightmare, are being downloaded individually at such a rate they are all on course to enter the UK singles chart.

The release of the LP - which is expected to shift 250,000 copies in its first week and top the UK album chart - has reignited sales of songs from the group's debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, meaning six songs from that LP could make the Top 200.

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:Reuters:FLY MY PRETTIES...THE ARCTIC MONKEYS want to do a Peter Pan tribute when they come on stage at the GLASTONBURY music festival this year - flying to their positions ala the boy never grew up.

post-193-1177798576_thumb.jpg