Question: New Song Search

drewcasa

While I was at the Virgin Records store in Times Square on Sunday, my girlfriend and I heard a song that was so catchy, we were both humming along without realizing it. When we left the store, we regretted not asking an employee about the song. We've both been scouring iTunes and top hits lists, but can't find it. Please help us!

All I can remember is that it was a very upbeat song that had a simple melody that was repeated over and over through many verses. Also, I'm pretty sure that each verse was sung by a different artist. I remember a man's voice that sounded like a Black-Eyed Peas song, and at one point a child's voice. I have no idea what the words were, and like I said earlier, I wasn't paying much attention while it played, but the melody was stuck in my head for a few hours.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

I had a weird experience like that a long time ago. Back in high school. I'd skipped school and gone to the local mall. I was just looking around in Musicland. Music was playing, like always. But this particular song caught my attention. Like a dummy, I didn't ask anyone what it was. I eventually bought "Who's Next". Classic Who album, but it was brand new at the time. When I was playing it later at home, I found out that the song in Musicland was "Gettin' In Tune".

I had a weird experience like that a long time ago. Back in high school. I'd skipped school and gone to the local mall. I was just looking around in Musicland. Music was playing, like always. But this particular song caught my attention. Like a dummy, I didn't ask anyone what it was. I eventually bought "Who's Next". Classic Who album, but it was brand new at the time. When I was playing it later at home, I found out that the song in Musicland was "Gettin' In Tune".

I certainly was a "dummy." I called the store and they employ DJs, but couldn't tell who was working that day and time. I guess the song wasn't necessarily new.

Here's another puzzler... :huh:

A while ago I was listening to a local NPR station and as part of one of the programs there was this song--I know that it's possible to search for music on NPR if you know the name of the program, but I don't, in fact I am not even sure which station I was listening to--there are three NPR stations I tune to on the way home from work depending on where I am on the route--I lose one as another comes into range, and then at 4 pm I switch to BBC world news, so I have no idea even which station I heard it on.

Anyway, it sounded punkish and the singer had a British accent, and it seemed as if he was singing a refrain or chorus that went:

"It takes a long time, to take a long time..."

Can anyone name this tune?

If it's kcrw, you can look up the song as they archive them by day and show. If it's NPR, it could have been Song of a Day, which is archived, or All Things Considered...not sure how they archive that show

Naw, it was as part of an actual story about something else, just a snippet of the song in response to something in the story. And the dreadful part is that I have forgotten what the story was about, though it did have something to do with music, I want to say it was something about English bands getting airplay in the US or bands not paying their dues or something whiny....stupid BRAIN DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE but all I remember for sure was that it was a catchy tune... If I can remember what the story was about, I'll be able to attack it that way. In the meantime:

It takes a long time, to take a long time...

• 3 weeks later...
While I was at the Virgin Records store in Times Square on Sunday, my girlfriend and I heard a song that was so catchy, we were both humming along without realizing it. When we left the store, we regretted not asking an employee about the song. We've both been scouring iTunes and top hits lists, but can't find it. Please help us!

All I can remember is that it was a very upbeat song that had a simple melody that was repeated over and over through many verses. Also, I'm pretty sure that each verse was sung by a different artist. I remember a man's voice that sounded like a Black-Eyed Peas song, and at one point a child's voice. I have no idea what the words were, and like I said earlier, I wasn't paying much attention while it played, but the melody was stuck in my head for a few hours.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Just working a hunch here, but one upbeat song that might have been playing at the time is Just Jack's "Starz In Their Eyes". It features Jack's voice, but has a number of changes in vocals throughout the song. It also features, at one point, a child saying "When I grow up, I'm going to be famous." Could that be it?

UKSwings