R3HAB Drops Heavy Trap Banger “Fendi” with Smokepurpp and Rahkim

NelsonG

It looks like R3HAB is not letting up on his prolific release schedule. Just about a month into 2021, and the Moroccan-Dutch superstar has already dropped two sizzling tracks. His latest is an absolute banger as he teams up with rapper, Smokepurpp, and Russian artist Rahkim for “Fendi.” “Fendi” is a raucous trap banger that showcases the unique vocal talents of each of the rappers laying down bars. And, that bass!

The song is peak 2020s, as it originally started out as a viral Tik Tok (where Rahkim initially gained a following). After R3HAB picked up on it, someone posted on R3HAB’s Instagram that he and Smokepurpp should team up for the rework. Turns out, Smokepurpp was more than game. Now, we have the resulting collab and fans of all artists involved should be quite pleased.

The track opens with some massive bass notes and some trap drums, while Rahkim chants “Fendi, Fendi, Fendi.” After the open we’re treated to Smokepurpp’s delightful flow. He’s not breaking new ground, he boasts about driving foreign and lists off some luxury brands; it’s fun as hell though. The next verse showcases Rahkim rapping and crooning in Russian. I have no idea what he’s saying but it works in the context of the track. After that we get one last heavy hitting drop that features some trademark R3HAB basslines. Check out what they had to say about “Fendi.”

“I’m always keen on working with artists from different music cultures and learning from them. It was a real blast working with Rakhim and Smokepurpp, who are really talented and both pioneers in their fields. What we came up with feels modern and breaks down so many genre barriers.” – R3HAB

“I’ve been planning a lot of EDM/house type music for 2021, and I’m excited that one of the first drops was with R3HAB & that we were able to collab with Rakhim. I have a ton of Russian & Eastern European fans, and it’s dope to get to do so many collabs with artists over there. Hopefully, we’ll all be back on the road to perform this one soon.” – Smokepurpp

“When I created the track ‘Fendi,’ my goal was to make it a worldwide hit. And when R3HAB and Smokepurpp offered me a feat, I realized that this was another step towards my goal. I’m sure that collaboration with such cool artists will give “Fendi” its second life and take it to the next level. You’re gonna love it.” – Rakhim

Check out the latest from R3HAB x Rakhim x Smokepurpp, “Fendi” out now on CYB3RPVNK.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: R3HAB Drops Heavy Trap Banger “Fendi” with Smokepurpp and Rahkim

View the full article