MacBook Pro is getting MagSafe, more ports, and function keys again, report claims

NelsonG

MacBook Pro is getting MagSafe, more ports, and function keys again, report claims

A few days ago, I tripped over my 2017 MacBook Pro's power cable, pulling the computer to the floor which it greeted with a loud crash. As the images of all the important data I have on there flashed in front of my eyes, I wished that this new machine still had the MagSafe connector like my ancient MacBook Pro from 2011. 

This dream could become a reality in future MacBooks. According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via MacRumors), Apple is working on two new MacBook Pro laptops, one with a 14-inch and the other with a 16-inch display. Kuo says these new laptops will have a flat-edged design — think iPhone 12 and its flat sides — and will be powered by Apple's new M1 chips, with no Intel-based options available.  Read more...

More about Apple, Macbook Pro, Tech, and Big Tech CompaniesLRyAZJrOaS0

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?