Oliver Heldens Drops Breathtaking New Single “Freedom for my People” to Wrap Up 2020

NelsonG

I think we’re all glad that 2020 is coming to an end. One person who might want to keep it going, though, is Oliver Heldens. The Dutch producer/DJ has had a massive year, releasing 22 original tracks and remixes under both his own name and his Hi-Lo alias. He’s been a fixture on live streams presenting some of the most unique performances of the year. He was named the top producer of the year by 1001Tracklists and he came in at #8 in the DJ Mag Poll. He also founded a second record label, OH2, to showcase more commercial music.

Enter his latest and final single of 2020, “Freedom For My People.” Oliver once again teams up with American-Zimbabwean vocalist Shungudzo for this one, you might recognize her from her previous collab with Oliver, “Fire In My Soul.” Whereas that song was a massive dancefloor heater, “Freedom For My People” has a much more epic and broad scale to it.

Based on an acapella poem written by Shungudzo back in March when the pandemic began, her urgent vocals arrive at just the perfect time. As for the production, this is the Oliver Heldens we know and love. There are those beautiful piano melodies, some awesome percussion, a vivid house vibe, and a groove that’s undeniable.

Check out the latest from Oliver Heldens & Shungudzo, “Freedom For My People” out now on OH2. Check out Oliver’s live stream from the Eifel Gran Prix After Party as well.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Oliver Heldens Drops Breathtaking New Single “Freedom for my People” to Wrap Up 2020

View the full article