George Michael on Led Zeppelin: 'They know how to have sex'

Pop icon George Michael has spoken about his drug use in a rare interview to mark 25 years in the music business.

In a wide-ranging interview with Melvyn Bragg on the South Bank Show he spoke about drugs and his sexuality.

When asked about his use of marijuana, Michael told Melvyn Bragg he used too much, saying: "If I'd drunk as much as I'd smoked - my god I'd look like Keith Richards".

He also named his favourite band: Led Zeppelin.

"Led Zeppelin are my favourite rock group of all time - they sound like they know how to have sex."

He said he was upset about British Prime Minister Tony Blair's foreign policy and foreign entanglements with USA president George Bush.

"As the years go by, Mr Blair is making Shoot The Dog a word perfect protest song," he added, referring to his notorious anti-war tune.

source:AP

image:Reuters:GEoRGE MICHAEL....performs on stage during his '25 Live' tour.

post-193-1161568322.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?