Favourite Electronica

jipper

whats your favourite electronica artists (state the one you like in replys)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. whats your favourite electronica artists (state the one you like in replys)

• boards of canada
    • dj krush
    • massive attack
    • coldcut
    • sneaker pimps
    • the orb
    • biosphere
    • UNKLE
    • Dj shadow
    • Autechre

nice post but i am way behind...  lol.  i still like paul oakenfeld.  hey method77, can you help me out here?

lol

paul Oakenfold is just fine but he doesn't belong in the electronica category

All of the above are great artists and i would vote for each and every one of them BUT this scene is so big right now that I can't make up my mind. I would vote for Massive Attack since they started this scene (trip hop-abstract sounds....you know Bristol scene) but all of the above are great so i'll pass on this one. I would vote for any french group right cause they lead right now (Air, Akasha, Mo' horizons, Dj Cam...)

or wait... i'll vote for Thievery corporation or Herbaliser or Red Snapper or....

damn!

BTW WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY (music wise)

paul Oakenfold is just fine but he doesn't belong in the electronica category    BTW WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY (music wise)

Thank you. I feel like the Chinese under Mao, who he felt needed to be culturally reeducated... So what category would Paul Oakenfeld fly under??? Thank you Mr. Jip and Mr. Method77 for making me hip and worldwise again..or at least wake me up from the 20th Century :)

I just tried to think of the most important artsits of the genre, eventho i forgot portishead. BUt i agree with your method therre is way to many decent electronica artists. I put sneaker pimps in the list because they played an inportant role in making this genre more popular, even if this is a good or bad thing..?!

DudeAsInCool try and get some of the albums from the list above, my recommendations are:-

boards of canada - music has the right to children

coldcut - journeys by a dj- 70 minutes of madness

UNKLE - pysence fiction

Dj shadow - entroducing

akotcha - sound burger (my personal favourite atm)

quantic - the fift exotic (all time favourite)

:( hard choice that but my top 5 out of that last would go as follows

5. Coldcut

4. DJ Shadow

3. The Orb

2. Boards Of Canada

and the winner is...

1. Autechre

i get butterflies everytime i listen to the first few Ae albums, mmm... i'm from their hometown as well you know.