Showtek Drop Feel Good EDM Anthem “The Weekend” with Spree Wilson and Eva Shaw

NelsonG

Showtek are back with their first release of 2020, “The Weekend” and it’s the feel-good anthem we need right now. Teaming up with Eva Shaw and rapper Spree Wilson, Showtek do what they do best and tap into those nostalgic 90s vibes and create an instant classic. The Janssen brothers are definitely paying homage to 90s hip-hop and old school EDM with this one, while also maintaining that trademark Showtek sound.

The opening synths immediately let you know this is a Showtek track while also recalling the vibe of the 90s Eurodance track “Better Off Alone.” After going back to the mainstage bangers with their previous release, Island Boy EP, Showtek show off more of their classic dance music vibes with this one. They also get the chance to display one of their more underrated skills, their talent working with vocalists. Spree Wilson provides a wonderful vocal track that could exist in 1990 or in 2020. Eva Shaw also contributes vocals to “The Weekend”; as she puts it she sounds like a kid, but it works with the vibe of the track. Here’s what all the artists had to say about “The Weekend.”

“‘The Weekend’ has a child-like happy feel, it speaks to the part of yourself you never want to get rid off, and releasing a song like this keeps that part alive. If we would’ve taken life too seriously we would not have made this track. We noticed last year that the industry started becoming a bit saturated and too focused on numbers only.

For us, it’s important to have fun doing what we do and being open to trying out new things. That’s the kid part in everyone, you don’t want to overthink every little step but just do, and try out things. We had a lot of fun writing and producing this and that’s why we worked with Eva and Spree to create a song containing a variety of styles. They are both active in different genres and both added something special. We wanted to create a hybrid of all the musical styles that have influenced us since we were young. More to come!”-Showtek

“This song was made out of a need to have fun in a changing world. When I linked up with Showtek and Eva for “The Weekend”, I thought about the crazy times we’re living in now and how we together, with this song, could bring a smile to people’s faces and really bring some joy in people’s lives through music. I just wanted my verse to feel carefree and fun and really highlight what it feels like to live every day like it’s the weekend.”-Spree Wilson

“Wouter of Showtek and I wanted to come up with a fresh yet familiar take on party music. We both have fond memories of pool parties in Vegas and a time when EDM, hip hop and pop started merging together in a fun, carefree way. I don’t usually sing myself, because I sound like a little kid, but we actually felt that direction worked perfectly for this track. I had connected with Spree previously and we felt his dynamic talent and free spirit would vibe perfectly. He ended up being the ideal addition to the record and the whole process was really smooth, authentic and fun. I hope the pure enjoyment that we had in creating this record comes through and the fans love it as much as we do. More on the way!”-Eva Shaw

Check out the latest from Showtek and Spree Wilson “The Weekend” featuring Eva Shaw out now on Universal Music.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Showtek Drop Feel Good EDM Anthem “The Weekend” with Spree Wilson and Eva Shaw

View the full article