POLL: Steroid Test Results

Kooperman

Should pro athletes' steroid test results be made public  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should pro athletes' steroid test results be made public

• Yes, the fans have a right to know who's cheating.
    • No, it's none of our business.
    • Don't know, there are too many sides to the story.

Pro athletes continue to get bigger, stronger and faster, shattering old records left and right. But if these current players are putting up numbers that are enhanced because of banned steroid use, shouldn't the integrety of the games be protected by letting us know who the abusers are?

I wanted to vote yes, but you were crafty with the wording. I don't think it's my right to know, but I think it is the league's and players' right. And I think if they started handing out a few stiffer punishments, the people who risk it may think twice.

Let me run this by you then....as fans who cherish the games and the storied stars' statistical legacies, should we be offended by athletes who pump themselves up to unnatural sizes and strength through banned steroid usage? These athletes are breaking hallowed records that have stood for generations...what value would these records have if we knew they were set by phony supermen? And why should we continue to financially support sports who don't care enough about their fans to let us know these abusers' identities? There's a level of trust that is quite possibly broken by the leagues, the teams and the athletes, isn't there?