Wildhearts tour America in March & April

From the Wildhearts website:

Watch out America! The Wildhearts are coming!

The dates are now in for the long awaited US Wildhearts tour (co-headlining with The Dragons):

Fri 3/19/04 San Antonio, TX @ Sam's Burger Joint w/ The Dragons

Sat 3/20/03 Austin, TX @ Emo's Gearhead Records SXSW Showcase (11pm set time)

Sun 3/21/04 New Orleans, LA @ Circle Bar w/ The Dragons

Mon 3/22/04 Atlanta, GA @ E.A.R.L. w/ The Dragons

Tue 3/23/04 Charlotte, NC @ The Room w/ The Dragons

Wed 3/24/04 Baltimore, MD @ Otto Bar w/ The Dragons

Thu 3/25/04 New York, NY @ CBGB'S w/ w/ The Dragons & Turbo AC's

Fri 3/26/04 Philadelphia, PA @ The Khyber w/ The Dragons

Sat 3/27/04 Pittsburgh, PA @ 31st Street Pub w/ The Dragons

Sun 3/28/04 Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom w/ The Dragons

Mon 3/29/04 Detroit, MI @ Lager House w/ Grand Nationals w/ The Dragons

Tue 3/30/04 Chicago, IL @ Double Door w/ The Dragons

Wed 3/31/04 Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club w/ The Dragons

Thu 4/1/04 Des Moines, IA @ Hairy Mary's w/ The Dragons

Fri 4/2/04 Kansas City, MO @ The Brick w/ The Dragons

Sat 4/3/04 Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge w/ The Dragons

Tue 4/6/04 Tucson, AZ @ Club Congress

Wed 4/7/04 San Diego, CA @ The Casbah w / The Dragons

Thu 4/8/04 Hollywood, CA @ The Troubadour w/ The Dragons

Fri 4/9/04 San Francisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill

Unfortunately, I doubt if I get a chance to go to any of the shows. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

U.S tour dates have been rescheduled as The Wildhearts join The Darkness tour. From The Wildhearts Website:

You may be aware that some speculation over the forthcoming US tour has been circulating - we now have confirmation that the Wildhearts have been offered the opportunity to support the Darkness on their US tour and have accepted; this has meant that many of the shows on the original US tour have had to be cancelled.

Ginger has mailed the following message of explanation:

"We will stick by you, if you stick by us.

I apologise on behalf of the band and management for the cancellation of the forthcoming US tour, in favour of continuing to tour with The Darkness around the world. This Darkness tour means that we can reach more people, and that means coming back to headline USA a heck of a lot more in the future.

When we put the band back together, the manifesto was always to make it as successful as it should have been first time around, and opportunities like this U.S. Darkness tour come along ONCE in a lifetime. We just COULDN'T say no, when they offered it to us. And the tour was offered the day of the Brit awards, just a few days ago.

I know there are a lot of people that have bought plane tickets, concert tickets and spent weeks looking forward to seeing us on the co-headline tour with Dragons. All I can say to those people is that we will try to pay you back, and make it up to you in full, over the course of the next few years. We will help out with free guest tickets on the Darkness tour, where applicable (if you've spent a fucking fortune already then you deserve compensation), and try to make life comfortable for the true hardcore fans that were the first to buy tickets, etc, when we come back to play a proper headline tour. We will do everything we can to honour the dates already booked, until the Darkness tour starts. Believe me when I say that this is as big of a surprise to us as it is to you, and I hope this doesn't lead to a mass exodus from the bands fanbase in US, although I do understand your disappointment.

But the future is ours to build, and we can't build anything without moving a few things around. That is the way of change.

Once again I apologise, but have to ask the question "what would YOU have done in our position"?

I hope you stick with us, because this looks likely to be the best chance to crack the US that the band have ever had, and that has always been the wish of the American fans, as well as the band.

I hope you can understand the reasons for the decision. If not, please write to me at the ask Ginger section of the web site. I look forward to hearing from you."

This means that the revised US schedule is as follows:

03/19/04 San Antonio, TX @ Sam's Burger Joint

03/20/04 Austin, TC @ Emo's Gearhead Records SXSW Showcase

03/21/04 New Orleans, LA @ The Circle Bar

03/22/04 Atlanta, GA @ E.A.R.L.

03/23/04 Charlotte, NC @ The Room

03/24/04 Baltimore, MD @ Otto Bar

Darkness Support Dates:

03/26/04 Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave Bar

03/27/04 Chicago, IL @ The Vic

03/28/04 Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew's Hall

03/30/04 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Downunder

03/31/04 Pittsburgh, PA @ Club Laga

04/02/04 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts

04/03/04 Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom

04/04/04 Providence, RI @ Lupo's at the Strand

04/06/04 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club

04/08/04 Atlanta, GA @ Cotton Club

04/09/04 New Orleans, LA @ The House of Blues

04/11/04 Houston, TX @ Engine Room

04/12/04 Dallas, TX @ Trees

04/13/04 Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa

04/15/04 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre

04/16/04 Mission Beach, CA @ Canes Bar & Grill

04/17/04 Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre

04/18/04 Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre

The band and their management are also working hard at present to bring the Wildhearts over to the US again for their own US dates.

If any of you have purchased flight tickets, made hotel bookings and so on for a show that has now been cancelled, we suggest you check your travel insurance and flight refund policies if you decide not to make the trip. Also you may want to check with your credit card company as these purchases may also be insured within a grace period. Also all venues will of course honour reimbursements on tickets sold - please contact the source you bought them from for refund information.

Also this will have an impact on the UK tour - this is still going ahead, but the dates are being rescheduled by a week or so to accommodate this tour. We will bring you these new dates very shortly once they have all been confirmed. This of course will be with good friends Therapy? as mentioned before, so should make for some cracking shows!

On the subject of UK dates, an extra acoustic show has been added - they play The Limelight in Crewe on Saturday the 13th of March.

Finally, we know many of you will be obviously put out by this change of plans - if any of you have purchased flights etc and are unable to get refunds please contact us at [email protected] and we will try and do what we can to help, although it should be noted that this is the Darkness's tour and therefore the band and their management have only limited control on guest tickets.