Got SUV Guilt? Pay the Piper

DudeAsInCool

If you're feeling guilty about driving your giant sport utility vehicle (but not so guilty that you'd ever give it up), salvation is at hand. For a yearly fee ofaround $80, a company called TerraPasswill offset the damage your SUV does to the atmosphere by spending your money to reduce industrial carbon emissions and to promote the spread of clean energy. They'll also send you a decal and a bumper sticker, so everyone in the neighborhood will know that your gas guzzler has been sanctified.

http://www.slate.com/id/2124037/

A yearly fee of $80. That's less than a tank of gas!! :lol: I expect my next tank will cost me $100 with prices the way they are. I bet it is worse in Californie. :)

Edging up to $3 a gallon - so much for the administration filled with oil execs :reallymad:

How many think these gas prices going up is just a ploy so they'll say to hell with buying oil from overseas......okay we give in, go ahead and drill in the Alaskan wilderness.....tear it up......to hell with the wildlife......it's our oil and it'll make the gas cheaper.

I overheard a guy saying today that we all know the Bush family has oil, so why don't he step up and let the U.S. buy it from him at cheaper prices than the oil from over yonder.......he can't do that (i'm not taking up for Dubya) I was in politics for 4 years, albeit small town but it would be considered a conflict of interest if he was to sell us the Bush oil. We Americans are spoiled, they have been paying 2 to 3 times as much in European countries for a gallon of gas than we here in America have been for years. My wife and I were in the Bahama's almost 3 years ago and gas was $3.59 a gallon....at the time it was around $1.65 a gallon here. We might as well learn to live with it....probably going up again tomorrow.