Foreigner 2005

Kelly Hanson was previously of the rock band Hurricane. Good band...he has powerful vocals. Dunno if he could do Lou Gramm justice though.

Aside from KISS, this was the other band I grew up on. I have owned all the studio albums with the exception of Head Games. Guess that one just never did it for me.I would say that my favorite is 4. When I had it on LP, I enjoyed it immensely, even with the static. I would imagine there will always be a place in my heart for Foreigner.

:psychofun:

4 was and is probably my favorite Foreigner album but their first one comes in a very close second.

I remember the first time I heard "Long, Long Way From Home". I thought damn!! I've got to hear more of this band....... Foreigners music still sounds as fresh today when I slap it on the turntable as it did way back when.

sounds good.....jeff pilson has played bass on the L.A rock scene for many years and was a founder member of Dokken..vocalist kelly hansen toured in the late `90`s with guitar whiz george lynch who was also a founder of Dokken...one of my favourite bands from the `80`s and `90`s....george lynch and kelly hansen have also recorded a great version of the scorpions classic " rock you like a hurricane "..this track can be found on Deadline Records "Scorpion Tributes" ... :)

KELLY HANSEN REFLECTS ON THE DEMISE OF HURRICANE:

May 15, 2005

New Foreigner vocalist Kelly Hansen recently spoke with The Hairball John Radio Show regarding his participation in the Heaven and Earth project featuring Stuart Smith. Hansen also reflected on some of his favorite memories and songs as vocalist for Hurricane as well as what it was like when it all came to an end in 1991.

Kelly Hansen: "We came off the road from 'Over The Edge', which was a great tour and we had some real good MTV video play. We were on the radio and everything was going really great. So we came back off the road and we had to start working on 'Slave To The Thrill'. We spent almost a year writing, pre-producing, and getting ready for the record and in the middle of that having to change guitarists. So we finally got into the studio to make 'Slave To The Thrill' and the record label was telling us, 'You guys are poised, this record is going to be your big record because Over The Edge was so good with I'm Onto You'. When we finished the record we started doing press and went out on the road. I think the record was released for about a month when I happened to call a friend of mine in publicity at the record label and she said 'they just fired two-thirds of the staff today'. And what that meant was that there was no more label. They weren't going to be making any more records, which meant we could not be out on the road because the reason to be out on the road is to promote a record. It was very disappointing.

We had to end the tour and come home to a label that was basically bankrupt; this was at the same time when Nirvana was hitting really big in 1991 and Grunge was really big. It was very difficult for us to carry on, just as it was for a lot of the metal bands of the time."

Listen to the entire interview with Kelly Hansen at http://www.hairballjohn.com

source:www.hairballjohn.com

Wow. Sucked to have been Hurricane. Guess they were pretty blown away. :rotfl:

In my strongest opinion, that does not look like Kelly Hanson in that photo. The other two appear to be "Wild" Mick Brown and Jeff Pilson. Kelly has a different facial structure. Doesn't appear to be his hair preference either.

the other two in the photo are mick brown and bass player Marten Andersson..late of lizzy borden and the lynch mob.....photos taken during tour in 2002..i`ll check it out....i`ll remove them til then..... :)

i had some great pics of lizzy borden live in germany....bassist marten andersson is a very cool musician and much in demand for session stuff......a sort of a musicians musician..... and runs a well known musical college in L.A..his band pedigree is quite impressive.....Starwood,Lizzy Borden, George Lynch Group, Legacy, Jonas Hansson Band,... :)

post-92-1119231688.jpg

I enjoyed the previous bassist Michael Davis moreso. I think my favorite album is Visual Lies. Back in '87, that album was like crack. "Me Against the World" was a defiant fist to all that stood in my way.

I wonder if that LA school is the same one my cousin is going/went to? From what I hear, he's supposed to be a bass prodigy. I haven't bugged him in a while for a music sample. If I could get a decent AIM client, maybe I'll hit him up again.