Remember Robert Blake & The Murder?

Kooperman

Defense Rests in Robert Blake Murder Case

LOS ANGELES - Robert Blake's defense rested Wednesday without calling him to the stand, but the actor was able to tell jurors his story in a videotape of a TV interview that was played in court.

"It's all about Rosie," he said, referring to the baby he had with slain wife Bonny Lee Bakley. "It's always been about Rosie. The greatest gift in the world, and I'm going to try to mess it up by being selfish?"

The final day of Blake's extensive defense case also featured his adult daughter, Delinah Blake-Hurwitz, testifying about her adoption of the child. She underwent such a rigorous cross-examination by the prosecutor that many questions went unanswered when Judge Darlene Schempp ruled they were argumentative.

Read entire story here.

Both Sides Rest in Blake Murder Case

LOS ANGELES - Both sides rested their cases in the Robert Blake (news) murder trial Friday after the prosecution presented a tabloid writer as its last rebuttal witness.

"All sides have rested and the case is now concluded," Judge Darlene Schempp told the jury.

The judge said closing arguments will begin Wednesday and the case will be submitted to the jury Friday. The extended recess is needed because of jurors' medical appointments.

Read entire story here.

• 7 months later...

Blake Says He Didn't Have Anyone Kill Wife

LOS ANGELES - During his second day of testimony in a wrongful death lawsuit, actor Robert Blake acknowledged he may have said disparaging things about his wife before she was shot to death. But he said he never asked anyone to kill her.

"I could easily have been venting and saying things," Blake testified. "When I'm angry, I run my mouth."

Blake testified in the suit brought by the family of Bonny Lee Bakley. After a criminal trial earlier this year, the star of the old "Baretta" television series was acquitted of murdering Bakley. He did not testify during that trial.

Read entire story here.