Lavigne And K-OS Top Juno Awards

avrillavigne.jpgRock chick AVRIL LAVIGNE and rapper K-OS were the big winners at this year's JUNO AWARDS in Winnipeg, Canada, yesterday.

The MY HAPPY ENDING singer, 20, was named Best Artist, Best Pop Album for UNDER MY SKIN and Fans' Choice for Canadian's most popular star.

Hip-hop star k-os, whose real name is KEVIN BRERETON, picked up Best Rap Recording for JOYFUL REBELLION, Best Single for CRABBUCKIT and Best Video for B-BOY STANC, at the glitzy ceremony in Winnipeg's MTS Centre.

A number of stars, including country singer KD LANG, paid tribute to ailing legend NEIL YOUNG, who was forced to cancel his scheduled performance at the Junos after suffering a brain aneurysm.

CONSTANT CRAVING hitmaker Lang said, "If there is a beacon or a bastion of an artist who has maintained his integrity and his uncompromising vision and purity... it is Neil Young. So Neil, I sing this for you. Heal fast my friend."

Juno broadcaster JOHN BRUNTON said Young, who watched the awards from his hospital bed, had been moved by Lang's cover of his track HELPLESS.

Brunton lamented, "He actually teared up and thought it was one of the most beautiful things."

Other winners on the night included Lavigne's boyfriend DERYCK WHIBLEY's band SUM 41, jazz star DIANA KRALL, BILLY TALENT and GREEN DAY for their album AMERICAN IDIOT.

The main winners include:

Best Single: CRABBUCKIT, K-OS

Fans' choice: AVRIL LAVIGNE

Best Album: BILLY TALENT, BILLY TALENT

Best Group: BILLY TALENT

Best New artist: FEIST

Best International album: AMERICAN IDIOT, GREEN DAY

Best Pop album: UNDER MY SKIN, AVRIL LAVIGNE

Best Rock album: CHUCK, SUM 41

Best New group: ALEXISONFIRE

Vocal jazz album: THE GIRL IN THE OTHER ROOM, DIANA KRALL.

ContactMusic.com

Behind the sulk

Avril Lavigne

Girls can't resist Avril Lavigne's sulky-teen pose. So Tim Cooper decided to let his daughter interrogate her.

Avril Lavigne is not crazy about interviews. She's not at her best in them, because she can't be bothered to hide her boredom and can't think of much to say to stoopid questions that she's heard, like, a million times before. Besides, her biggest fans are mostly girls aged eight to 18 and they won't be reading it anyway.

So here's an idea: instead of another journalist interviewing Lavigne and writing the usual bitchy piece about how she rolls her eyes and sighs and mutters monosyllabically, why not get someone more suitable to do the job? Someone on the same level, who loves her music and finds communicating with adults just as much of a pain as she does?

read more.......

http://smh.com.au/news/Music/Behind-the-su...2302287823.html

post-92-1112782001.jpg

Normally I'll support anything that compliments Canadian music (even though I hate the idea of award shows), but he Junos this year were a complete joke.

By far the WORST representation of what Canadians are capible of.

I think Lagigne should just hand all her awards to Chantel Kreviatzik (spelling?) cause shes the one that wrote all her lyrics/music (not that I'l like to admit to that but still, credit where credit is due) and she couldn't even be bothered to show up.

Canada has a great music scene ... despite what the Junos showed.

I was actually going to go at first, just to see Young but unfortunatley couldn't make it. So its a good thing I didn't buy a ticket. Ironic thing is, he always said he'd never ever play an awards show unless Winnipeg got the Junos.

My rant for now.