Eminem Issues An Apology

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

11/20/2003 4:00:00PM | By LAUNCH Radio Networks

3497215.jpg

Eminem has responded to allegations that he made racially derogatory references to African Americans, in particular African American women in one of his early recordings. The tape, which was released by the Source Magazine at a New York press conference on Tuesday (November 18), features two untitled songs recorded by Eminem in 1993.

The rapper issued the following statement in relation to the recording, "Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and the Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records, and our artists for a long time. The tape played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity, and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it today."

The songs were provided by three white hip-hop fans from Detroit who were associates of Eminem when the song was recorded. They include the following lyrics: "And all the girls that I like to bone/Have the big butts, no they don't/ Cause I don't like that n-gger sh-t/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit ... Blacks and whites they sometimes mix/But Black girls only want your money cause they're dumb chicks/So I'mma say like this/Don't date a Black girl, take it as a diss/if you want, but if you don't/I'mma tell you like this, I surely won't/Never date a black girl because Blacks only want your money/ and that sh-t ain't funny ... Black girls and white girls just don't mix/Because Black girls are dumb and white girls are good chicks."

Source