BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - Mafia

KiwiCoromandel

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - Mafia (Released 8 March 2005)

Artemis Records

Oh, the brutality. It leads us like sheep to the slaughter, a musical manifesto daring us to let our guard down. Don’t even bother, resistance is futile. “Fire It Up” ushers us in, the guitar-wielding master of six-string disaster beckoning us to enter his circle with a litany of chords that careen, crunch and crash through the opening track, “What’s In You” and “Suicide Messiah.” Like a band of berserkers, the tracks on Mafia are discharged like musical weapons of mass destruction, Zakk Wylde inventing new ways to shred, and his band proudly following in his wake. The results are the most devastating outfit to embrace heavy metal since Pantera were christened the Cowboys From Hell. “In This River” is a Skynyrd-winged phoenix that, though written before the passing of Dimebag Darrell, has become a posthumous tribute searing the two guitarists as musical soulmates. “Forever Down” offers a heavy slab of vroom and doom as good as any song Wylde ever penned for Ozzy Osbourne, and “Say What You Will” and “Electric Hellfire” unravel like musical wet-dreams, rattling the senses with seismic surges of sonic shrapnel. For any self-respecting metal fans out there who’ve yet to bear witness to the Black Label, consider Mafia your initiation. Pay your respects and join the family—You’re long overdue, and it just doesn’t get any better than this.

post-74-1109511623.jpg

I will be seeing them this summer in Rockwave festival

i`d love to see zakk wylde live...i`ve got a lot of his live concert stuff on mpeg and a lot of his live stuff with ozzy...but it`s just not the same.....sigh..... :(

my to fav tracks of his are both bootlegs recorded in `93 which i managed to " obtain "....a 15 minute version of" cheap sunglasses " (what a workout!!) and an amazing live version of " red house " with lynrd skynrd..his vocals are great on this one as well.....a truly talented musician and rock/metal virtuoso ...... :strumma: :strumma: :strumma:

Lynyrd Skynhead

Date: 01.05.93

Venue: House Of Guitars

Bootleg Name: Wylde's Thing

Discs: 1

Length: 1:04:50

Source: AUD

Rating: 5

Tracklisting:

01. Tush (ZZTop Cover) (9:17)

02. Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd Cover) (5:21)

03. Cheap Sunglasses (ZZTop Cover) (14:07)

04. War Pigs (Black Sabbath Cover) (10:17)

05. Voodoo Chile (Jimi Hendrix Cover) (11:42)

06. Red House (Jimi Hendrix Cover) (8:39)

07. I Don't Care (Ozzy Osbourne Cover) (5:24)

Notes:

Fuckin' excellent show. All the Lynyrd Skynhead

shows are pure class...

Vocals/Lead Guitar: Zakk Wylde

Bass: James Lomenzo

Drums: Greg DeAngelo

This is the same lineup that played on the song

"Farm Fiddlin'" that is on the Guitars

that Rule The World Vol. 1 compilation.

Track 2 - 1:18 - Slight skip

Track 5 - 11:16 - Slight skip

post-74-1109987054.jpg