Nicki Minaj, Tyga Film 'Get Low' Video With Waka Flocka In ATL

NelsonG

By Nadeska Alexis with reporting by FLX

One of Waka Flocka's near future goals includes a Triple F Life album tour, but in the meantime he's continuing to roll out videos from the LP. The latest will be "Get Low," which Nicki Minaj and Tyga filmed with him in Atlanta this week.

"The concept for the video was a red, white and black color scheme, and a lot of art," Waka told MTV News. "I wanted to bring hip-hop videos back — choreographing and girls dancing in it. There's too [many] naked women dancing in videos scenes to me. I feel like I wanna put the art back into it. I feel like it's my job to put the art and the fun back into the music."

A couple of the shots find Waka and Tyga rapping their respective verses in a dark space illuminated by strobe lights, and then in an energetic club atmosphere — which shows off Waka's red, white and black color scheme — surrounded by girls and other partygoers. On the set, Tyga told MTV News that he didn't hesitate to hop on "Get Low" when Waka reached out. "The verse, I was like, 'This is different,' so automatically, I wanted to do it 'cause I love doing stuff that's different," he said. "Coming from Waka, people are used to hearing more head-bussing, more crunk sh--, so when he sent me [the track], I wrote my verse like the next day and sent it back."

Nicki Minaj Still Refers To Waka Flocka As Her 'Brother'

Nicki Minaj, dolled up in a bleached-blond wig and bright-pink lipstick, shared similar sentiments: "Waka Flocka is my brother. People know that I go way back with him, and whatever he needs me to do, it gets done," Minaj said. "He called me, he sent me a song, I said, 'It's nothing.' I was finishing up my album, and I said, 'You know I got you, it's nothing.' "

Waka's next project will be his Salute Me or Shoot Me Vol. 4 mixtape. In the meantime, he's still swimming in the positive feedback from his latest studio effort. "Triple F Life was a great album for me," he said. "A lot of people love the album, and they're like, 'Waka's really showing development; he really developed as an artist.' I appreciate the comments I got off it, and now I'm about to drop a mixtape for the streets, because the streets need that."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/28/waka-flocka-films-get-low-video-nicki-minaj-tyga-atl/]View the full article[/url]