Frank Ocean Still Connects With The Ladies On Channel Orange Tour

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Ladies love Frank Ocean, and if anyone thought things would change after he revealed that he once carried on a love affair with a man—think again.

On Monday night, after a performance at Washington, D.C .'s 9:30 Club, the Odd Future singer/songwriter took to Twitter to expound on life on the road. "this tourlife takes some getting used to. i get to zone out and be someones hero or deviant fantasy or whatever for a hour and some change every night though. that's special," he wrote before sending a small dart to all of his haters. "and the women still scream in the front row, contrary to what a naysayer might think. :) "

Tuesday morning (July 24), D.C.-based blog the Jasmine Brand posted footage from the show, and it definitely backs up Frank's boasts. The opening piano chords from Ocean's Channel Orange cut "Crack Rock" immediately trigger girly squeals and passionate screams before inciting a full-on sing-a-long. The grainy footage makes one wonder if there were any men in attendance, as women belted out in time with Ocean, "You don't know how little you matter, until you're all alone."

It was the same when Frank launched into the Pharrell Williams-produced "Sweet Life" and the acoustic cover of Sade's "By Your Side."

After Ocean revealed intimate details of his sexuality, many wondered how he would be received. The answer: with open arms. Channel Orange debuted at the #2 Billboardspot last week, selling more than 131,000 copies digitally (the physical copies of the album arrived at retail during the second week of release) and so far, his current tour has been well-received by both fans and critics.

On July 20, The Guardian published an interview with Ocean, where for the first time he spoke about his decision to open up so candidly about his love life. "A lot of people have said [it was 'courageous'] since that news came out. I suppose a percentage of that act was because of altruism; because I was thinking of how I wished at 13 or 14 there was somebody I looked up to who would have said something like that, who would have been transparent in that way," he said. "But there's another side of it that's just about my own sanity and my ability to feel like I'm living a life where I'm not just successful on paper, but sure that I'm happy when I wake up in the morning, and not with this freakin' boulder on my chest."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/24/frank-ocean-connects-with-girls-on-channel-orange-tour/]View the full article[/url]