Stalley Aiming To Drop Debut Album In 2013

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Rick Ross and Meek Mill are set to drop new albums in the coming weeks, and while MMG soldier Stalley is still coasting off a recent mixtape release, he's already looking forward to his official debut, which will likely drop in 2013.

"We're workin' on an album right now," Stalley confirmed to MTV News while he walked the red carpet July 1 at the 2012 BET Awards in Los Angeles. "I'm in the studio. I just got in there about a week ago, so it's a whole big process. Right now, I'm thinking maybe top of the year would be the album."

In 2009, Stalley began to make noise online with the Madlib-inspired mixtape MadStalley: The Autobiography, which he released in conjunction with Mickey Factz's GFC Camp. The bearded spitter saw his buzz grow when he linked up with Damon Dash's DD172 outfit and began collaborating with the likes of Mos Def, Curren$y and Ski Beatz.

It was on 2011's Lincoln Way Nights that Stalley truly found his voice and earned himself a spot on Rozay's roster. This past spring, he released his Savage Journey to the American Dream tape and then made a significant contribution to Maybach Music's recently released Self Made Vol. 2 compilation.

With all that he has accomplished, crafting his debut album is the next logical step for Stalley — after all, he has some pretty great teachers with Ross and Wale, who is readying his third LP. "I definitely just take their energy, and I definitely watch their energy and watch how they do things," he said of his MMG comrades. "I'm very observant of how they set up their albums and set up their singles and things like that, being that it's all new to me. That's great company to keep and great people to watch."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/12/stalley-debut-lp-due-in-2013/]View the full article[/url]