Jay-Z And Beyonce Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary

NelsonG

Get More: Beyoncé, Love On Top (Live)

Jay-Z and Beyonce celebrate their 4th anniversary of marriage on April 4, but the powerful couple's relationship stretches back at least a decade. Both are notoriously tight-lipped about their personal life, but as the reigning king and queen of hip-hop, it's difficult for fans not to be just a little curious. To ring in the occasion Beyonce will launch a new Tumblr account giving a peek at her personal life. In the meantime take a look back at some of their most public relationship moments from 2002 to 2012.

2002 – On Jay’s seventh album The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse, the single “03 Bonnie & Clyde” featured vocals from the former Destiny’s Child lead singer. With her group on hiatus, Beyoncé’s inclusion on the song not only marked her turn has a force to be reckoned with but also fueled the rumors that Jay and Bey were an item.

2003 – With Beyoncé prepping to release her solo album debut – which to date has sold 11 Million copies worldwide – the lead single “Dangerously In Love” launched Beyoncé to superstar levels but it was also Jay-Z’s inclusion on the rap portion of the song that had people continually speculating if the song was an exact depiction of their romance or just happenstance.

2004 – At a party for departing Def Jam boss Lyor Cohen, Jay-Z got caught up in the moment apparently and announced his plans to marry Beyoncé. “You've been one of the best friends I could have had apart from this woman beside me (Beyoncé), who I love and who I will marry very soon,” said the rapper in a touching moment.

2005 – Still resistant to discuss their relationship in the media, the two stars were paparazzi targets and several photos of their vacations and outings surfaced on tabloids and gossip blogs everywhere. Remaining unusually tight-lipped, they never looked less than happy to be together in the flicks.

2006 – With the release of her second solo album B’Dday, Beyoncé enlisted the services of her beau for the lead single “Déjà Vu” and also on the track “Upgrade U.” That same year, Time magazine named them the Most Powerful Couple in their 100 Most Influential people issue. Beyoncé also appeared on the track “Hollywood” off Jay’s Kingdom Come LP.

2007 – On Jay-Z’s ambitious tenth studio album and his first concept piece American Gangster, he and Beyoncé worked together again on the moody track “Pray” – one of the early standouts on the record.

2008 –On April 4, they made it official. The pair married in Jay-Z’s Tribeca apartment and was reported by US magazine to be a small gathering of their famous pals such as Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, actress Gwyneth Paltrow, and singer Chris Martin.

2009 -  Jay and Bey rang in their 1st wedding anniversary early in 2009, but the couple celebrated another milestone in December when Beyonce threw a star-studded bash for her husband's 40th birthday. The private event was held in the Dominican Republic where 50 of Jay's closest friends attended, including  Diddy, Kate Hudson, Alex Rodriguez, Kanye West and Alicia Keys.

2010 - During an acceptance speech for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance award at the Grammys, Beyonce made an atypical display of affection, telling the audience, "I'd love to thank my family for all of their support, including my husband. I love you." The declaration caught Hov off guard, and Bey would later relay that, "He was shocked! He was just like, 'What did you say?' "

2011 - Beyonce had often said that she planned to have a baby at 30 and three years into her marriage with Jay-Z, she followed through on her plan. After giving a stellar performance at the VMAs, Bey unbuttoned her sparkly jacket, rubbed her belly and announced her pregnancy to the entire world.

2012 - At the end of her 2011 VMAs performance Bey revealed that she was already a few months pregnant and when the couple's first child, Blue Ivy Carter, was born in January 2012 to one of the most influential couples in music, it seemed for a minute like the entertainment industry might implode. Just two days after Blue's birth Jay released the single "Glory" with a feature from BIC, making his daughter the youngest artist to ever land on the Billboard charts.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/04/jay-z-beyonce-fourth-anniversary-marriage/]View the full article[/url]