T.I. Shows His Girl How To 'Love This Life' On 'Trouble Man'

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

T.I.'s wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle could probably confirm that life is good as Tip's lady, but other ladies get a taste on his new single "Love This Life", which was released on iTunes this week. The new track serves as the lead single from the Atlanta rapper's Trouble Man album, which is due this summer. 

When T.I. began his career with 2001's I'm Serious, he focused the bulk of his catalog on the trap, where he hustled and built a name in the street for himself. Tip has since evolved musically and even stars in a reality show that centers on his family life — then, of course, there are his highly publicized trips to prison. Still, T.I. is a pretty good catch, and on "Love This Life," he aims to prove it.

"Cavalli dress and high heels/ And drop-tops on hot wheels/ We live how we wanna live 'cause we got mill's/ Them other n---as barely buy a hot meal," T.I. spits to his significant other.

The ATLien even downplays the need for a prenup, boasting, "You nut up, take half/ I'ma make it right back."

The "24's" rapper harmonizes on the song's hook. It's not exactly a Trey Songz-quality performance, but T.I. does hold a tune. Tip's latest performance is reminiscent of his delivery on his 2008 single "Whatever You Like," but much darker. "You know, you love/ Bitch, you know you love this life/ Don't nobody do you like me," he sings.

In a January interview with MTV News, the Grand Hustle CEO talked about the theme for Trouble Man: "I'm talking like gutter, gangsta, intellectual ignorance, hardcore stadium sh--, but at the same time, we got those over-the-top crossover records as well, big features and whatnot that we plan on putting into play."

We're guessing this is one of those "over-the-top crossover records."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/03/t-i-love-this-life-trouble-man-single/]View the full article[/url]