Tricky Stewart Is Executive Song Producer Of Dr. Seuss Film 'The Lorax'

NelsonG

By Tamara Palmer

The music of Tricky Stewart, a producer best known for creating smash hits like Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” with The-Dream (as well as hip-hop cuts for the likes of T.I. and Snoop Dogg), is about to get a lot more animated. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Stewart has agreed to take on the role of executive song producer for the forthcoming Dr. Seuss film “The Lorax.”

He previously worked as the executive music producer of the Cher and Christina Aguilera film “Burlesque” in 2010. Based on a children’s book by the late, legendary author Dr. Seuss (who most famously wrote “The Cat in the Hat”), The Lorax is an animated love story (shot in 3D) with the voices of Taylor Swift, Zac Efron, Betty White, and Danny DeVito.

“I'm a big kid and I have a 15-month-old daughter so I'm constantly listening to sounds at home and watching what intrigues a child mentally or visually,” Stewart said. “And I love Dr. Seuss. That hat had mad swag.”

Stewart’s visibility in the music business is continuing to increase. Last month, he accepted a position at Epic Records as president of A&R, tasked with discovering and developing new artists for the label.

“The Lorax” is scheduled to open in theaters on March 2.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/01/18/tricky-stewart-is-executive-song-producer-of-dr-seuss-film-the-lorax/]View the full article[/url]