Lil Wayne Hasn't Heard 'Watch The Throne,' Isn't Satisfied With Nicki Minaj

NelsonG

It appears that not everyone is watching The Throne. Young Money head honcho Lil Wayne says that he hasn’t heard Jay-Z and Kanye West’s joint album Watch The Throne—and he intends to keep it that way. In his November cover story for Vibe, the New Orleans rapper also speaks candidly and critically about his protégé Nicki Minaj, while casually dismissing industry gossip.

In the interview Wayne tackled a range of topics, speaking in his typical free-flowing fashion, but what stood out was his reluctance to grant Watch The Throne even a brief listen. “I haven't heard the album. I'll probably never hear the album,” said an uninterested Wayne, who must’ve been busy skateboarding while fans and critics were having heated Twitter debates about how his Tha Carter IV album would compare to WTT.

Still, this was less surprising than his critical tone towards Nicki Minaj. “I'm not satisfied with anything she's done,” Wayne said of the Pink Friday rapper. “I believe she can do a whole lot more, and I believe she will do a whole lot more. It's not shocking, and it's not surprising. It's quite fitting. But other than that, it's nowhere near the end.”

Despite the tough love, Lil Wayne remains dedicated to his entire Young Money team. MTV News recently caught up with Weezy on the set of Birdman's "Y.U. Mad" video in Miami, where he brushed off questions about his upcoming work in favor of promoting albums from each of his artists."We got Twist coming, we got Tyga coming, and then we have Shanell coming, then we got Bow Wow — that's what's really important,” Wayne said. “What I'm doing is really never important, actually. I'm a very unimportant guy. It's just me."

Do you really think that Lil Wayne has never listened to Watch The Throne? Tweet to us at @MTVRapFix or leave us a comment below.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/10/27/lil-wayne-hasnt-heard-watch-the-throne-isnt-satisfied-with-nicki-minaj/]View the full article[/url]