Wale Says Maybach Music Group Has Been 'Inspirational'

NelsonG

By Nadeska Alexis

Tuesday (October 25) marks exactly one week until the official debut of Wale’s sophomore album Ambition. In the final days leading up to the anticipated release, MTV2’s "Sucker Free" will roll-out exclusive footage of the D.C. native in their Road to Release mini-series. In the first installment, Wale dishes on his lucrative deal with Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group, which gave him the support system to craft his perfect follow-up album.

“Warner Bros. has been good, Maybach [Music] has been inspirational, I’m happy,” Mr. Folarin says. “This is a real smile that was not inspired by the use of any drugs.”

After releasing his debut album Attention: Deficit via Interscope Records in November 2009, Wale joined Warner Bros. Records under Rick Ross’ MMG back in February. He appeared on several tracks on the crew’s May compilation album Self-Made Vol. 1, including the popular cuts “600 Benz," "Self Made" and "Fitted Cap." “Signing to them was incredible, we made an incredible album,” he says. “I want to shout everybody out but I’d feel kinda ghetto if I did that. I’ll just wait till we win the trophy.”

Last week, Wale re-released the video for his hometown anthem “Bait”—the first version was extremely NSFW—which was filmed on the city’s Hanover Street. And on Tuesday his latest single, the Diplo-produced, Big Sean-featured “Slight Work” hit the web. Additional features on Wale’s Maybach Music debut include Kid Cudi (who appears on the single “Focused”), Rick Ross, Meek Mill and Miguel.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/10/25/wale-maybach-music-dealinspirational/]View the full article[/url]