Ne-Yo Engaged, Expecting New Child In October

NelsonG

Def Jam recording artist and singer-songwriter Ne-Yo recently just took another big personal step by getting engaged to the mother of his infant daughter Madilyn. Known for crafting the lyrics behind big hits for the likes of songstresses such as Beyoncé, Rihanna and Ciara along with his star turn on Pitbull’s global smash hit “Give Me Everything,” the 31-year-old Ne-Yo (born Shaffer Chimere Smith) will add another feather cap of fatherhood to his cap as he and his bride-to-be are expecting again.

Entertainment magazine US Weekly got the good news of Ne-Yo’s rapidly growing family confirmed by a rep for Monyetta Shaw, Ne-Yo’s fiancé. Ms. Shaw, Ne-Yo’s longtime beau, gave birth to the singer’s daughter back in November of 2010 – and an excited Ne-Yo could barely contain his joy back then. "She's healthy and happy. Feels like I'm in luv for the first time," tweeted a proud and happy Ne-Yo. "Welcoming that lil' girl to the world last night defined for me what 'willing to kill and die for' truly means. My world, my life, all hers.”

Monyetta isn’t the only breadwinner in the growing Smith family, with the US Weekly report also stating that Shaw will soon open Emaralyn and Ester, a new clothing boutique in the tony Buckhead district in Atlanta. An insider also said to the magazine that Ne-Yo and Monyetta will welcome their newest arrival sometime in October.

Ne-Yo released his fourth album Libra Scale in November 2010. Ne-Yo’s fifth studio album, Love and Passion, was slated for a reported September release. Ne-Yo has also promised a mixtape hosted by comedian Kevin Hart in the coming year as well.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/09/20/ne-yo-engaged-expecting-new-child/]View the full article[/url]