The best memory foam mattresses for every kind of sleep position

NelsonG

Best memory foam mattress picks

Memory foam mattresses are where it's at now. Metal springs all throughout your bed? No thanks. Hard pass.

If you're currently looking into buying a new mattress, it helps to narrow it down to what kind of mattress you want. Memory foam is a great place to start, but as we said, it's a popular material right now — aka everyone is using it. Thus, finding your dream mattress may not be as breezy as you'd maybe expect. Don't freak out, though; we're here to help.

We take mattress shopping very seriously. Sleep is important, and the quality of your rest can make or break your day (and beyond). If you wake up feeling energized and refreshed, concentrating and functioning gets way more manageable. Sleep poorly one night, and you're going to end up feeling fatigued, irritable, and will likely end up horribly overcaffeinated.

Quality sleep means a better, happier life. That's why it's vital that you not only find the best mattress you can, but the best mattress specifically for you.

To start, we recommend you take stock of what your sleep habits are. What kind of sleeper are you? Do you toss and turn all night? What position do you usually find yourself in when you wake up? Do you prefer a firm mattress for support, or a soft one for comfort? Do you regularly overheat, or get cold? Are you prone to back pain? These are all questions you should answer for yourself before picking out your new bed. It's supposed to last you a while, so it's important that you don't settle for anything less than what you absolutely need — a good mattress is an investment.

No matter what mattress type you like, you can now find it online (probably), which beats going to the mattress store. But because you're not going to the physical store, you won't get to test out your mattress ahead of time.

Here are some things you'll want to consider before you make a decision:

• Know your bed size: Take measurements of your bedroom and bed frame. Which will fit the most comfortably? If you'll be sharing the bed with a partner (or pet), don't get a twin size. Fun fact: Full and queen beds are the same width, the queen option is just longer. So if you aren't super tall, you can probably get away with a full, which is usually the more inexpensive choice.

• Firm or soft?: It depends on personal preference and how you sleep. Normally, side sleepers will want something firmer for better spinal alignment, while stomach and back sleepers should be fine on a softer surface. But, of course, this isn't a hard and fast rule. Get what usually feels good to you.

• Consider the warranty: Online mattresses don’t always come cheap, so you’ll want to consider a company’s warranty before making a commitment. Look for warranties that offer flexible coverage and support, so you won’t have to spend a lot on repairs and replacements. Also, free trials are helpful, just in case you end up unhappy with your first few nights.

We've read the reviews, compared the models, and have come up with our definitive list. Here are the best memory foam mattresses you can get online right now:

View the full article

• 4 months later...

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this memory foam thing, but I am a little afraid to use it myself because I have blood pressure issues, and I think that this mattress might cause me the aggravation of these problems.  The best option I have seen online is airflow mattresses from https://www.shelden-healthcare.co.uk/hospital-bed-mattress/airflow-mattresses because they are more supportive and are intended to reduce the pressure on each part of the body. I like them more than the others because they support each body part separately and ensure you don’t have too much pressure on one of them.

Edited by Cienapotr