Personal computers are once again shipping after an earlier pandemic-fueled shortage

NelsonG

Personal computers are once again shipping after an earlier pandemic-fueled shortage

In the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, plenty of folks needed to buy computers — but they might've had a hard time getting one. Now, according to at least one market analysis firm, that problem is resolving itself. 

Canalys released its third quarter personal computer sales report on Friday with some welcome news for companies like Lenovo and Acer: People are getting PCs again. To be specific, 79.2 million units were shipped globally for a 12.7 percent year-over-year increase from the same period in 2019.

Lenovo led the pack with more than 19 million units shipped, while HP came in just behind with with 18.6 million shipments. Dell was in a somewhat distant third place with 11 million units and nobody else crossed the 10 million unit threshold. Read more...

More about Computers, Laptops, Coronavirus, Covid 19, and Tech 0FQQA3z4MBw

View the full article

• 1 year later...

I thought that the pandemic helped the computer manufacturers to sell more than before because all the children were forced to study from home.
Even some adults had to work from home, which has contributed to the number of sales these companies made. What do you guys think is the best way to deliver a PC. I think that the best way to deliver a PC is DHL. I know that it's not always the fastest or most convenient. Still, the fact is that DHL has an amazing track record for delivering shipments on time and without damage. I've never had an issue with them, and I know many of my friends have also used them successfully. You can read more at dhl sendungsverfolgung because they have lots of information on their website.

Edited by ZorLence