Major Political Changes in the USA

method77

Bloomberg Leaves GOP

(CBS) NEW YORK Mayor Michael Bloomberg is leaving the Republican party and will remain unaffiliated with any political party, CBS 2 HD learned Tuesday night.

Read More

If the rest were smart, they'd bail, too - the Republican party is a joke these days.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted at Reddit.com:

"Yo mama so fat, if she was evidence, not even a Republican could hide her."

:lol:

:lol: unfortunately it don't mean shit. i mean, i'm not reading about anybody doing anthing about all this evidence or whatever. nancy pelosi? FUCK HER AND THE REST OF THEM FOR NOT PROCEEDING W/IMPEACHMENT.

fuckin' pussies, alla them. :ass:

Coulter Rips Bush

Give me a moment to catch my breath. I just heard Ann Coulter say something remarkable. It wasn't one of her patented attacks on liberals and other heathens. It was a casually tossed-off line about the president of the United States:

"We're all just waiting for this nincompoop to be gone. I think we're all finally on the same page on that."

Read More at the Washington Post

:o :o :o

WASHINGTON — The Senate subpoenaed the White House and Vice President Dick Cheney's office Wednesday, demanding documents and elevating the confrontation with President Bush over the administration's warrant-free eavesdropping on Americans.

Separately, the Senate Judiciary Committee also is summoning Attorney General Alberto Gonzales to discuss the program and an array of other matters that have cost a half-dozen top Justice Department officials their jobs, committee chairman Patrick Leahy announced.

Read More

Bush Won't Supply Subpoenaed Documents

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush, moving toward a constitutional showdown with Congress, asserted executive privilege Thursday and rejected lawmakers' demands for documents that could shed light on the firings of federal prosecutors.

Bush's attorney told Congress the White House would not turn over subpoenaed documents for former presidential counsel Harriet Miers and former political director Sara Taylor. Congressional panels want the documents for their investigations of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' stewardship of the Justice Department, including complaints of undue political influence.

Read More

Immigration bill dead in Senate

WASHINGTON -- Lawmakers killed the Senate immigration reform bill today, voting 46 to 53 to move to a final vote on the controversial measure, 14 short of the 60 required.

The defeat is a setback for the bipartisan team of lawmakers who worked for months to craft a bill they hoped would draw enough support from both parties to pass. It represents a blow to President Bush, who threw his full support behind broad immigration reform and whose Cabinet played a key role in shaping the legislation.

Read more at the LA Times

Supreme Court Alters Brown Verus Education:

Use of Race in School Placement Curbed

WASHINGTON, June 28 — In a decision of sweeping importance to educators, parents and schoolchildren across the country, the Supreme Court today sharply limited the ability of school districts to manage the racial makeup of the student bodies in their

The court voted, 5 to 4, to reject diversity plans from Seattle and Louisville, Ky., declaring that the districts had failed to meet “their heavy burden” of justifying “the extreme means they have chosen — discriminating among individual students based on race by relying upon racial classifications in making school assignments,” as Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote for the court.

Read More

Supreme Court OKs retail price fixing by manufacturers

WASHINGTON -- Manufacturers may set a fixed price for their products and forbid retailers from offering discounts, the Supreme Court said today, overturning a nearly century-old rule of antitrust law that prohibited retail price fixing.

The 5-4 ruling may be felt by shoppers, including those who buy on the Internet. It permits manufacturers to adopt and enforce what lawyers called "resale price maintenance agreements" that forbid discounting.

Read More

WTF? Now they are overturning Anti-trust practices!

How do they get away with this kind of crap? Oh yeah, public apathy, the media doesn't cover it so people aren't well informed, and and the government is corrupt .

How do they get away with this kind of crap? Oh yeah, public apathy, the media doesn't cover it so people aren't well informed, and and the government is corrupt .

that's a very good question - these recent decisions are unbelievable

yup, yup and yup. as well, wasn't it printed and/or online that only half of US votes? disgusting, to say the least.

to Dude: it's not only the recent decisions AFAIC, it's ALL the shite that's been done to US and the rest of the world in the last seven years. disgusting. back in april when i landed at JFK this young Customs cop began to talk to me, very politely excusing himself for butting in, but as he put it (i'm paraphrasing) he told me that by my demeanor and my clothing as well as the fact i was entering the States from England, he felt he could talk to me. i asked him (politely) if it was obvious who i'd voted for in the last pres. 'elections' and he went 'yeah'. then he told me his sob story (and i don't use that term lightly), how he's making a bit more than minimum wage and he remembers how in NYC public schools, things like music and art et al. were givens when he was growing up (as they were when i was). then he went on to tell me how thanks to bu$hCo, they've pulled all that 'liberal arts' stuff out of the public schools; his kids' friends (who were wealthy and went to 20,000$/year schools) were being taught all the things that his kids were missing.

it was awful...we talked for a long time, about half an hour. i felt really bad especially when he told me he couldn't confide his complaints to any of his police colleagues.

nobody speaks up, nobody of importance and/or w/political clout and when they do, there are never any good results or they're smothered or marginalised by asshats like hannity and coulter (cunt!). horrible, just horrible. the World Court has failed US already as well, by blithing permitting bu$hCo to do as they please. i refuse to go on cause mostly, i'd NEVER shut up, lol.

House OKs Plan to Withdraw US Troops

WASHINGTON — The Iraqi government is achieving only spotty military and political progress, the Bush administration conceded Thursday in an assessment that war critics quickly seized on as confirmation of their dire warnings.

Within hours, the House voted to withdraw U.S. troops by spring.

Read More

Flynt Ready to Implicate Another Senator

Larry King interviewed Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt last night on how he linked Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) to an alleged prostitution ring. Flynt now says he's got information linking another U.S. Senator to a sex scandal.

FLYNT: We've got good leads. We've got over 300 initially. And they're down to about 30 now which is solid.

KING: When are you going to print?

FLYNT: Well, the last thing now is we don't know if we want to let it to drip, drip, drip or we want to go with everything at once.

Read More

Congressman Denied Access To Post-Attack Continuity Plans

WASHINGTON — Constituents called Rep. Peter DeFazio's office, worried there was a conspiracy buried in the classified portion of a White House plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

As a member of the House Committee on Homeland Security, DeFazio, D-Ore., is permitted to enter a secure "bubbleroom'' in the Capitol and examine classified material. So he asked the White House to see the secret documents.

On Wednesday, DeFazio got his answer: DENIED.

Read More

According to a new American Research Group poll, just 25% of Americans approve of the way President Bush is handling his job as president and 71% disapprove. These are record lows for the survey.

When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 23% approve and 73% disapprove.

Read More

• 2 weeks later...

Gingrich says war on terror 'phony'

Washington — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Thursday the Bush administration is waging a "phony war" on terrorism, warning that the country is losing ground against the kind of Islamic radicals who attacked the country on Sept. 11, 2001.

A more effective approach, said Gingrich, would begin with a national energy strategy aimed at weaning the country from its reliance on imported oil and some of the regimes that petro-dollars support.

"None of you should believe we are winning this war. There is no evidence that we are winning this war," the ex-Georgian told a group of about 300 students attending a conference for collegiate conservatives.

Read More

This is what a lot of us felt when the White House switched its focus from Afghanistan to Iraq... Glad he has finally woken up after 4 years.

The leading Republican presidential candidates said today that the military escalation in Iraq appeared to be restoring stability in that country and they berated their Democratic counterparts for advocating an end to American involvement there.

Read More @ The NY Times

:lol:

Morons. This is the end of the Republican Party as we know it. 75 % of the Americans want out and this is thee response of people who want to be elected?

With the way the Democrats cower at the big bad Bushie's threats, it's time to rework the Democratic Party too. When we boil the political system down to the Redneck Party and the Dude Party, THEN there'll be a distinct difference between the two.

"It’s official, George Bush and Alberto Gonzales now have the legal authority to spy on you and I without a warrant at any time." This representative sums up best, what was at stake. Congress can kiss my ass.

Only one Democrat voted for the bill in California:

Nay CA-1 Thompson, C. [D]

Aye CA-2 Herger, Walter [R]

Aye CA-3 Lungren, Daniel [R]

Aye CA-4 Doolittle, John [R]

Nay CA-5 Matsui, Doris [D]

Nay CA-6 Woolsey, Lynn [D]

Nay CA-7 Miller, George [D]

Nay CA-8 Pelosi, Nancy [D]

Nay CA-9 Lee, Barbara [D]

Nay CA-10 Tauscher, Ellen [D]

Nay CA-11 McNerney, Jerry [D]

No Vote CA-12 Lantos, Tom [D]

Nay CA-13 Stark, Fortney [D]

Nay CA-14 Eshoo, Anna [D]

Nay CA-15 Honda, Michael [D]

Nay CA-16 Lofgren, Zoe [D]

Nay CA-17 Farr, Sam [D]

Nay CA-18 Cardoza, Dennis [D]

Aye CA-19 Radanovich, George [R]

Aye CA-20 Costa, Jim [D]

Aye CA-21 Nunes, Devin [R]

Aye CA-22 McCarthy, Kevin [R]

Nay CA-23 Capps, Lois [D]

Aye CA-24 Gallegly, Elton [R]

Aye CA-25 McKeon, Howard [R]

Aye CA-26 Dreier, David [R]

Nay CA-27 Sherman, Brad [D]

Nay CA-28 Berman, Howard [D]

Nay CA-29 Schiff, Adam [D]

Nay CA-30 Waxman, Henry [D]

No Vote CA-31 Becerra, Xavier [D]

Nay CA-32 Solis, Hilda [D]

Nay CA-33 Watson, Diane [D]

Nay CA-34 Roybal-Allard, Lucille [D]

Nay CA-35 Waters, Maxine [D]

Nay CA-36 Harman, Jane [D]

Nay CA-38 Napolitano, Grace [D]

Nay CA-39 Sanchez, Linda [D]

Aye CA-40 Royce, Edward [R]

Aye CA-41 Lewis, Jerry [R]

Aye CA-42 Miller, Gary [R]

Nay CA-43 Baca, Joe [D]

Aye CA-44 Calvert, Ken [R]

Aye CA-45 Bono, Mary [R]

Aye CA-46 Rohrabacher, Dana [R]

Nay CA-47 Sanchez, Loretta [D]

Aye CA-48 Campbell, John [R]

Aye CA-49 Issa, Darrell [R]

Aye CA-50 Bilbray, Brian [R]

Nay CA-51 Filner, Bob [D]

No Vote CA-52 Hunter, Duncan [R]

Nay CA-53 Davis, Susan [D]

The Spying On Americans Has Begun

The controversy over President Bush's warrantless surveillance program took another surprise turn last week when a team of FBI agents, armed with a classified search warrant, raided the suburban Washington home of a former Justice Department lawyer. The lawyer, Thomas M. Tamm, previously worked in Justice's Office of Intelligence Policy and Review (OIPR)—the supersecret unit that oversees surveillance of terrorist and espionage targets. The agents seized Tamm's desktop computer, two of his children's laptops and a cache of personal files...

,,,The raid also came while the White House and Congress were battling over expanding NSA wiretapping authority in order to plug purported "surveillance gaps." James X. Dempsey of the Center for Democracy and Technology said the raid was "amazing" and shows the administration's misplaced priorities: using FBI agents to track down leakers instead of processing intel warrants to close the gaps. A Justice spokesman declined to comment.

Newsweek

Analysis: New Law Gives Government Six Months to Turn Internet and Phone Systems into Permanent Spying Architecture - UPDATED

A new law expanding the government's spying powers gives the Bush Administration a six-month window to install possibly permanent back doors in the nation's communication networks. The legislation was passed hurriedly by Congress over the weekend and signed into law Sunday by President Bush.

The bill, known as the Protect America Act, removes the prohibition on warrantless spying on Americans abroad and gives the government wide powers to order communication service providers such as cell phone companies and ISPs to make their networks available to government eavesdroppers.

Read More